Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mason_7428 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Broken heart
    Does anyone know how to get over a broken heart? Anyone?
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 07:50 PM
    Broken heart can be fixed with LOVE! :D get out there and find love.. and on the way take up hobbies go out with friends. Do stuff.. better yourself.. focuse on your own world

I know its easier said than done.. :) good luck to you.. just think of how much more is to come in your life..
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 10:06 PM
    I'd recommend making a list of things that you want to do in the short term only. Hang that list up so that you see it when you go to sleep and when you wake up and start working on those things. The more you focus on those things the better you'll start to feel and less you'll think of her.

I also recommend that if you don't have a gym membership you get one. Working out is a great way to get out of the house but also make yourself feel better. Get on a elliptical or stairmaster and just go for 10 or 15 minutes. Get off and rest and then do it again for another 10 or 15 minutes. I promise you, you won't be thinking about anything else other than what your doing. Plus it's healthy for you. Even if you don't get a gym membership take a walk, and go for long ones if you have the time. It gets you out the house, clears you head, and makes is healthy for you. If you have something else you like that's physical do that. Anything that creates motion in your body is good for you.
    The Unfortunate Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2007, 10:29 PM
    I think I've been through a lot over these years and think I've got answer to your question - despite what my name suggest. But first we need to know what are you broken hearted about. She/he broke up with you? Divorced? Separated? On a rebound? When and how did it happen? A little more detail would certainly help. There have been something that went wrong along the way and you may be able to patch things up despite your current situation. First step though is always acceptance.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 15, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Accept the fact that your not happy and get busy getting a life that you enjoy, with the people and things you like to do and be around. The gym is a good idea and volunteering at a community center, or church or hospital, is a good way to see that as bad as your situation seems there are a lot of people far more unfortunate than you are.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Below is a list of things which has helped me.

1) Maintain no contact
    2) Concentrate on yourself
    3) Get new hobbies
    4) Join the gym as chuff said
    5) Spend time with friends and family
    6) Holiday?
    7) Do new and refreshing things
    8) Get a new direction in your life and remember you don't need anyone to be happy. You must love yourself first
    9) Keep yourself busy, it will hurt when your alone, but you have other people in your life, before you know it there will be more good days than bad,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Heart broken [ 6 Answers ]

I tried to contact someone I still have feelings for but I couldn't reach them so I had a friend to give them the message for me and they haven't called me I think he doesn't care I finally see that now I need advice on what to do because it 's hard to forget about it?

My heart is broken ! [ 11 Answers ]

I used to be in a relationship for 7 years, I thought he was the love of my life, however he cheated on me many times, (and I'm not unattractive, in fact I'm quite good looking, hard working, and fun) but I thought he cheated on me because of my looks. Lucky for me, he cheated on me again in...

Help for broken heart [ 61 Answers ]

Hello, this is my first post here. I'm having a hard time getting over the breakup with my boyfriend of 2 yrs. We had a good relationship, had fun with each other, etc. 8 months. Ago he decided to move out of state and accepted a new job and wanted me to move with him as soon as I could find a...

Broken heart [ 10 Answers ]

Ok Question Ive Been Married Twice I Finally Met A Guy That Meets All My Criteria. Well He Tells Me He Loves Me. He Has A Problem At Work And Tries To Find Another Job Out Of State So I Try To Stick With Him Even Though I Don't See Him But Once A Week And Don't Talk To Him Much. So Hes Out Of...

18-yr. Broken heart [ 11 Answers ]

When I was 23 (I am now 41) I was dating a guy who I fell madly in love with. At the time, he was 39. I stupidly broke up with him because I thought he was too old for me (even though I knew I loved him!). I was convinced that I just had to "bite the bullet" and get through it and I would...

View more questions Search