Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2012, 07:55 AM
    Gluten Free Bread
    The new health fad is gluten free bread. But I see it has 17g carbo and 3g sugar.
    You would think that would raise your blood sugar. Especially for diabetics.
    I wonder if it has any health benefits?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 11, 2012, 08:12 AM
    I know it doesn't really answer the question, but it really depends on so many factors, not least the actual brand of the product in question.

These products are marketed for celiac disease and wheat allergy suffers, not the more general populace.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2012, 08:19 AM
    Maybe I am wasting my money. Has been suggested it stops inflammation of the coronary arteries. I do not have celiac, but have type two diabetes.
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Dec 11, 2012, 09:09 AM
    There are some brands that do not have sugar. You could also bake your own.
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2012, 01:43 PM
    Very good. Thanks
    Chardel Posts: 93, Reputation: 13

Dec 11, 2012, 06:49 PM
    Gluten free bread is for people who have celiac or wheat intolerances... if you are a diabetic you should really talk to a nutritionist about this... do NOT put yourself on a gluten free diet... There are NO health benefits to in, in fact celiacs have to take extra care to get enough fiber and nutrients in their diet BECAUSE of not being able to eat things like whole wheat enriched breads and other products... This is a fad that could have disastrous results.
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2012, 04:22 AM
    I think you are correct. I do not see any benefit from it. Thanks for the advice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gluten free diet suggestions [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone. A few days ago I was talking to our wonderful nurse J9. As most of you know I've been having a lot of health issues. Well, J9 came up with a possible diagnosis, which I will be talking to my doctor about soon. What is this possible diagnosis you ask? Well, it's celiac disease. ...

Gluten free products [ 2 Answers ]

Is the ingredient soy lecithin gluten free and, when the product listing says malt flavoring, is that gluten free? Thank you. I am a celiac person and cannot tolerate any gluten intake

Bread help! [ 1 Answers ]

How do I make good light yeast rolls? Love to have any bread making reciepes. How do I now if yeast is alive and active. My bread always turns out like rocks.

View more questions Search