Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rizzoku Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2005, 06:31 PM
    I need PCI Multimedia Audio Drivers!
    I reloaded windows 98 on my DELL DIMENSION XPS T550, It's an old one. Anyway, the sound doesn't work, In the systen properties it says that it can't find the drivers for the multimedia, I have no Idea what kind of sound card is in my computer, since this isn't my original computer, is there a way to find out? I just really want SOUND and I don't know how to get the right drivers, I've tried many so far but I don't know the specific one for this computer. PLEASE HELP ASAP!

THanks
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2005, 06:44 PM
    Here you go:
    http://support.dell.com/support/down...&os=W98&osl=EN

Get all the proper drivers for your Dell model.

Jan 17, 2005, 07:23 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks, but I have done those already, they don't seem to work, aren't the right Drivers, or I'm missing something, I don't know which one I'm supposed to use, I am so confused and annoyed!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2005, 05:28 AM
    There are 10 different drivers on that web site. You'd have to know which card you have. You may have to open the case and pull out the sound card to see which one it is. Another option is to uninstall the sound card in Device Manager and reboot to see if Windows recognizes it.

Good luck.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2005, 09:08 AM
    Sound
    Hi,
    First, Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right of the system tray.
    Then, Left click on Properties.
    Look to see if anything is Muted. If so, then left click on it to un-mute it.

If that doesn't work, go to Control Panel, open System.
    Click on the Device Manager tab.
    Scroll down to the heading "Sound....".
    Click on the + sign to the left of it.
    Then, look to see if you have anything listed, for example, like: Creative Sound Blaster Live.
    If so, that is the name of your sound card.
    Left click on it to highlight it.
    Click on the Properties button.
    Then, Click on the Driver tab.
    Then, click on the button Update Driver, and let Windows search for the best driver.
    Have you tried that yet?
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Jan 22, 2005, 10:53 PM
    Hey
    No, I don't have anything, this is really confusing, someone has suggested opening the comp, but I really don't know how, I tried but it didn't work. Urgh, I downloaded and tried all the drivers from dell, am I downloading them wrong or using them wrong? I don't know how to fix it all I want is sound! HELP PLEASE! THANK YOU!

Jan 22, 2005, 10:58 PM
    Help
    What I see when I go to Device Manager, there is no sound tab, but there is a section labeled Other Devices, I have a couple, communication device, inkjet printer device, and then PCI MULTIMEDIA AUDIO DEVICE, all three of these have Big YELLOW Question marks ? But yeah, it's screwed please help with anymore info or any other drivers, I have no Idea what sound card this comp has, I got it from someone else.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 23, 2005, 01:12 AM
    Okay, try this.

Click on "pci multimedia audio device" in the device manager, and click "properties." Then do what fredg said, about trying the "update driver" button.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2005, 06:30 AM
    No sound
    Hello again,
    I sincerely hope you have found the sound problem and solved it.
    But, it you haven't, there is one alternative left.
    Take you computer to a local computer repair/sales store; they can probably fix it for you.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Feb 2, 2005, 06:33 PM
    Help
    Try Sisoft Sandra program and see, it may name the manufacturer of your card.

Also, as mentioned above, just open the case, pull out the card and check it.

If you still can't find it.

Then go to www.newegg.com they have many very cheap soundcards, under $20 that's not much for good sound. :cool:
    Boricua Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2005, 03:59 PM
    Help need drivers bad
    I need pci multimedia communications drivers for my hp! Even the drivers for a pci communication device will help. I need it for windows 98. Please help I just want to hear sound and get on internet from my computer instead of some esles. I'm desperiate here. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!
    Jonathan R.Manzano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2005, 03:53 AM
    Pci Mmx?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boricua
    i need pci multimedia communications drivers for my hp! even the drivers for a pci communciation device will help. i need it for windows 98. please help i just want to hear sound and get on internet from my computer instead of some esles. im desperiate here. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :rolleyes: Kabayan!! Turn off first your PC and then try to disconnect the cd-audio input from your motherboard it's a small cable that is connected to your cd-drive and it is 4very thin cable, and then turn on your PC go to setting,click control panel, click Multimedia you can see the AUDIO THEN CHECK the small box for volume control or follow the instruction.. I hope it help?? Then follow, what FREDG for updating driver for Multimedia device if it has yellow mark...
    anil0207 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 02:44 PM
    How know my system sound card driver. And I want to install sound driver so which driver shall I install.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Multimedia audio/video controller [ 1 Answers ]

On my device manager, under "Other devices", It says that the drivers for the Multimedia audio controller and video controller (VGA compatible) are not found. At the same time, there is no sound on my computer even with the speakers on. I'm assuming it's because of the misssing audio controller...

Multimedia Audio Controller [ 9 Answers ]

I had to reinstall Win XP home on my computer. I have an eMachines T3120, Win XP, 1.8 GHZ100MB Hard-Drive, DVD/CDRW, 512MB Ram, NVIDIA Geforce. This Multimedia Audio Controller come up when I reboot. I assume it is new hardware but I don't have a CD or drivers for it. Please help?

Multimedia audio controller [ 5 Answers ]

I guess I deleted something that I shouldn't have off my compter... now I have nooooooo sound. Its driving me crazy.. I've tried to fix it myself but I cantt.. ive looked at forums.. I went to a lot of websites to download the drivers.. I went to the device manager thing and I see the yellow...

Missing multimedia audio controller drivers [ 3 Answers ]

Hi experts I recently reinstalled windows xp. Under devise manager I have the yellow? Flag on the "multimedia audio controller" under "other devises." I have tried to reinstall the driver by clicking on the yellow item, but that has not worked. I have gone to dell to download drivers...

Multimedia drivers [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my multimedia drivers after my first f disk I have no sound and I can't play dvds some video codec? Help I have a laptop

View more questions Search