Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Claira17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 07:54 PM
    What effect does varying the angle of incline have upon the force needed to pull the
    I'm studying Newton's Law of Motion in Physics class. I know if you increase the angle of the ramp, the force needed will increase to. But what would happen if its traveling a constant speed?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 11, 2012, 08:56 AM
    Moving at constant speed up a ramp requires a force equal to the objects weight times the sine of the angle of incline. Two examples: (a) if the ramp is at zero degrees (horizontal, like a flat road) no force is required to maintain its connstant velocity; (b) but if the ramp is vertical (like climbing a wall) the force needed is equal to the object's weight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solving a block and incline Physics problem with an unknown angle [ 2 Answers ]

A factory machine is required to pull heavy crates up a frictionless ramp. If the machine's motor can exert a maximum force of 1100 N, and the crates have a mass of 1800 kg, what is the maximum angle the ramp can set at for the machine to move the crates?

Grade 11, Physics. Frictional Force, Incline question. [ 1 Answers ]

A 30 kg kid slides down a 35 degree incline with a coefficient of friction of 0.09. Find the kids acceleration.

Weight of block on incline vs frictional force [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I know this is simple but I got 3 points taken off my last exam because it said: There is a block at rest on an incline, the frictional force acting on the block is... A)zero B)equal to the weight of the block C)greater than the weight of...

At what value of Force, can we feel the effect of gravitational force between objects [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE QUESTION AND THEN ANSWER At what value of Force, could we feel or see the effect of gravitational pull or force between two objects. E.g. 2 pencils kept at a very small distance (r) exert a force (F) on each other such that they are pulled by each other and stick to each...

View more questions Search