Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fifi17 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
    My partners are jerks?
    At school we r doing projects. I was partnered with 2 jerks. They want me to do this ridiculous stuff, and my teacher is no help. We will be working for 3 more weeks on this. How can I get through this and still get a good grade? :(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 04:21 PM
    I'll be happy to give you some good ideas, but please tell me about the project and why they are jerks. What do they want you to do?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 05:11 PM
    How is your teacher no help? Did you explain what exactly they are doing, or are you complaining because you wanted to be partners with friends?

Dec 10, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'll be happy to give you some good ideas, but please tell me about the project and why they are jerks. What do they want you to do?
    we have to perform a play and they always try to take advantage of me. They want me to beat someone up and flirt with someone

Dec 10, 2012, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    How is your teacher no help? Did you explain what exactly they are doing, or are you complaining because you wanted to be partners with friends?
    she says she will do something, but she never does. I don't care if I am with my friends, they r just always trying to get me to do odd stuff
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifi17 View Post
    she says she will do something, but she never does. I don't care if I am with my friends, they r just always trying to get me to do odd stuff
    Have you told your parents about this? If it's as bad as you say then tell your mom and dad and have them talk to the teacher about this.

Dec 10, 2012, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Have you told your parents about this? If it's as bad as you say then tell your mom and dad and have them talk to the teacher about this.
    I have but they don't understand how bad it is. Probably what I would have said to someone so thanks for the answer! I would love to hear more ideas though
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 06:06 PM
    Just say no to your fellow group members. If you give in, you become a doormat for the future. You are an equal member, so keep your power and don't give it away so they will like you or whyever you are giving it away. Of course, I would expect you to refuse politely and respectfully and offer other options.

Was your group given a certain play to act out?
    Pets Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 06:06 PM
    i have but they don't understand how bad it is. Probably what I would hav said to someone so thanks 4 the answer! I would love to hear more ideas though
    I wish I had more ideas, the only thing I can think of, if you're stuck in this group, is to do your part of the work, and let them fail on their own if that's what they intend to do. Make sure the teacher knows that this group is difficult to work with (which you've already done) excel with your part in this group, and let the chips fall where they may.

Is there a group leader? If so, who? Also, what grade is this?
    Education Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 06:32 PM
    we hav to perform a play and they always try to take advantage of me. They want me to beat someone up and flirt with someone
    You have to perform a play for class... I understand that. Where does the beat someone up part come in? Or the flirt with someone? Is that part of the play?
    Pets Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 06:35 PM
    You have to perform a play for class...I understand that. Where does the beat someone up part come in? Or the flirt with someone? Is that part of the play?
    Good question.
    Education Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 06:40 PM
    Good question.
    I figure this is right up my alley... a little interrogating never hurts.
    Pets Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 07:55 PM
    I figure this is right up my alley....a little interrogating never hurts.
    I love it when TJ becomes the teacher/interrogator. Makes me all tingly inside. :)
    Education Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 08:12 PM
    I love it when TJ becomes the teacher/interrogator. Makes me all tingly inside. :)
    With Kinders, I don't get to do much, but those 4th graders on up, :)

Dec 11, 2012, 04:49 AM
    You have to perform a play for class...I understand that. Where does the beat someone up part come in? Or the flirt with someone? Is that part of the play?
    yes I go to a catholic school and in the play you are supposed to flirt :( recently my relative passed away so I have missed school. I do not know what is going on ;( they try to take advantage of me. Can someone just think of an idea please
    Education Expert

Dec 11, 2012, 07:15 AM
    yes I go to a catholic school and in the play u r supposed to flirt :( recently my relative passed away so I hav missed school. I do not know what is going on ;( they try to take advantage of me. Can someone just think of an idea plz
    Speak to your teacher. Ask for a time to speak without your group around. Explain the situation. I think the problem is that they started working on the project without you because you were absent. If flirting in a play makes you uncomfortable, let your teacher know. If that doesn't work, have your parents get involved.

Dec 11, 2012, 03:30 PM
    yes but guys it is OK now! Thx for all the answers u helped so much ;)
    Pets Expert

Dec 11, 2012, 03:35 PM
    yes but guys it is ok now! Thx for all the answers u helped so much ;)
    Well, all that drama for nothing. Glad it's okay now, when it was so detrimental only yesterday. Sigh.

Good luck.

Dec 11, 2012, 04:33 PM
    Well, all that drama for nothing. Glad it's okay now, when it was so detrimental only yesterday. Sigh.

Good luck.
    I am so srry but the guy broke his arm so I don't have to deal with him! :( sooo srry
    Pets Expert

Dec 11, 2012, 04:40 PM
    i am so srry but the guy broke his arm so I don't hav to deal with him! :( sooo srry
    No need to be sorry. I have a teenager, so I get it. But really, you were asking us to come up with a solution. We gave you the only possible solutions, and none were good enough. Suddenly the issue is resolved.

That's teen life for you. Big drama one minute, fine the next. I get it. I have a teen, and I was once a teen. But this is a lesson for you. There's always a solution, and no issue that you think is so big, is really as big as you think it is. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jerks and what to do? [ 17 Answers ]

Threads merged My last relationship was with a guy who lived out of town from me it wasn't't that far and he is my best friend's because we talk for two months before really going out but we acted like we were in a relationship already then he came down for about 3 weeks we had a lot of fun...

Women are Jerks too [ 10 Answers ]

When a women breaks up with a guy, why does she still remember him even after years have passed? It could be from 2-10 years or a life time, and still she will never forget about him. Why do they want to get back with him? Is that why most women want to remain friends just in case the grass wasn't...

Jerks at my school [ 1 Answers ]

I really hate my school! There are like 30 people in the whole 8th grade and all the guys are jerks... im not kidding either, zack is a bully to everyone, adam thinks he's better than everybody, nick thinks he's better than everybody, tyler is a bully, josh is a gaywad! garrett can be nice but...

Do Girls like Jerks [ 14 Answers ]

Well I'm a nice quite guy maybe too quite... but whenever I'm talking to a girl I think she lose interest in me because I'm not exciting enough... and then I get mad at myself because I can't be the guy they want... anytime I'm around girls I just clam... after a while they would just stop talking...

View more questions Search