Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mollicusmax Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 9, 2012, 02:43 PM
    Two loves, one girl
    2009: Girl goes backpacking in Europe, meets boy. Lets call him John. Amazing connection.
    End of summer, girl leaves. They never talked about long distance, nor did they break up. Just let the relationship fall into space.
    Girl and John keep in touch off and on over 3 years.
    2010-2011: Girl convinces herself John is just a fantasy greater than real life. Even if he did ask her to come back, or if she went back, it wouldn't be as good as she dreams. Gets onto a path of a new boy toy every six months, but they are never anything to commit to.
    2011-2012: Girl meets... lets call him Dan. He is wonderful. Nice, caring, passionate about his work, everything you could want.

A year and a half in and living with Dan, girl is still pen pals with John. It has always just been idle small talk up until now. John has dated over the years, but his girlfriends never last long. He is still as sweet and funny as he was over three years ago. But now John is skirting on more than just idle conversation. Reminiscing about that magical summer, baiting for some sort of reply. Both girl and John never saying what is truly on their minds.

So I ask, what is a girl to do?
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2012, 04:38 PM
    You still "love" an former summer fling from three years ago? You have a boyfriend of a year and a half and you still need the internet to tell you what to do? Come back to planet Earth, cut the pretentiousness out of your life (your post is filled with it) and focus on reality—ya know, your actual relationship.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2012, 05:18 AM
    I agree with slapshot.

If you are in a relationship with Dan, move in together, why would you continue to talk to John? I am not a big fan of leaving something good for something you remember as all good. When you are not with John you are not going to remember the issues, if there were any. If there weren't any issues I would guess you two didn't know each other well enough or you two knew this was a fling that was going to end so why add any stress.

Either way the thought that leaving Dan for John and that a relationship with John will be nothing but good times and fairy tales is a dream. There is a reason why his relationships don't last very long. Can he not commit? Does he get tired of present girl? It could be a number of things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He loves me, but is dating another girl? [ 14 Answers ]

There's this guy, I love him sooo much(with all my heart) and he loves me too. Since before we started having feelings for each other, he was dating a girl. He is still dating her now and he still tells me he loves me. I know that he truly loves me because he's told a some people I know. He's even...

A girl says me that she loves me but at the same time she loves another person also [ 2 Answers ]

A girl says me that she loves me very much but one day I discovered that she is in love with another boy also. What should I do ?

I like a girl who still loves her ex. [ 3 Answers ]

Here's the deal. I know this girl, not for so much, like a month and a half or so, and we've been hanging around a lot. The thing is that she still loves her ex, with whom she had been in a relationship for about 2 years and a half. They broke up a day after we knew each-other, so I understand...

What if my girl loves me and somebody else? [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my fiancé have been together for 2 years and she's pregnant now. She says she loves this dude from wayback but she still loves me, I don't know what to do I mean I love her unconditionally and she's my baby mamma but she loves somebody else 2. any advice?

I love a girl who loves me but loves someone else as well [ 7 Answers ]

This girl I have known for a long time now has always said she loves me with all her heart f&a etc. but she got with another lad who she didn't love, they split up when she came to my house for the weekend then a couple days later there back together, she was still telling me she loved me but now...

View more questions Search