Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123456me Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2012, 11:30 AM
    How long is jail time for auto theft
    Someone I know stole a vehicle they have no license and this is his first offence he is 24 years old.. how long is he looking at for jail time in Alberta Canada ?
    WilburyMK Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2012, 03:48 PM
    Its different everywhere
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 9, 2012, 04:07 PM
    Depends on the judge, your friends attitude, any other misdemeanors, his legal representation, etc. etc.

There's no way to tell you an exact time frame.

He will likely go to jail, but for how long, that's up to the courts.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 9, 2012, 07:33 PM
    While the car theft rate is dropping in Canada it is up in Alberta. Your friend picked a bad time and place to start stealing cars. I agree with the other posters, lot depends on the judge, lawyer and his criminal history
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2012, 07:04 AM
    And was the car damaged, has any money to pay for damages to the car been done.
    Was it a car of a friend, or some stranger.

But it can be several years in prison or a year, but I would think he will do jail time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much jail time could you serve for theft? [ 1 Answers ]

My friend stole over 500 dollars worth of things from a garage. The police went to his parents house and found all the items except one. He turned himself in today with the last item he had taken. My question is, will he most likely serve jail time and if so, what is the maximum punishment? He...

6 counts of entering auto... first time being in trouble will he receive jail time. [ 2 Answers ]

Someone I know got 6 counts of entering an auto with intent to to commit theft. They later found out he was involved && came to the house to pick him up. When they asked he admitted it to the officer he gave them the three items he had on him. They are wanting to hire an attorney but don't know if...

My Boyfriend Got an Entering Auto Charge. How Long you think he'll be in jail? [ 1 Answers ]

He has previous theft charges. He is now in the Fulton County Jail. They caught him on camera breaking into someone's car. Its not intent to steal on the Charge its just entering auto. He has been in there for two weeks already and he went to court today and they didn't let him out. He is also on...

How much jail time for third degree theft [ 5 Answers ]

About 1 year ago, I was house sitting a house and there was a WII that I sold for some fast cash! I declined to tell the owners of the house about this though the Day they came back I had about $500.00 for the missing items for them. This was more then enough for this missing Wii. Instead of...

View more questions Search