Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sharwina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2012, 07:50 PM
    Want to marry Muslim guy
    How can I marry a Muslim guy? Without converting to Islam..

I am a Filipina I want to marry who ever muslim guy who will offer me marriage for I in my knowledge they are Ideal Family man and Father. I don't like to convert in Islam for the reason that's just because. Of marriage... I want if I will convert its in my own will.My question is where do I can find muslim guy who can offer marriage ?should I go to their mosque and hunt or there is a site which I can post my profile as well? Need help I'm 31 and I want to settled down.I am single mother is it allowed to islam? Just in case
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2012, 08:12 PM
    He will FORCE you to change.. thats what they do...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 9, 2012, 08:05 AM
    You sound very confused. Why would you want to marry someone just because of their religious faith, and not believe in it. Why not marry someone of your own faith?

You don't have a person picked out, why do you think they will want someone who already has a child ?
    Memory Fracture Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2012, 08:39 AM
    I would marry you, honey. I'm an Australian Muslim. But, Islam should be something you accept for yourself. A Muslim marrying a non-Muslim is generally forbidden. A Muslim man can marry a non-Muslim woman, but only if she is a Jew or a Christian (or anyone who worships only one God). Marrying polytheists is not allowed. Worshiping Jesus is not allowed. Certain mystic orders may accept Jesus worshiping. But in mainstream Islam, marrying non-Muslims is usually forbidden with few exceptions.

Anyway, you should seek a partner who will love and support you. Religion should not be your primary concern, unless you yourself were a Muslimah seeking a Muslim.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2012, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory Fracture View Post
    I would marry you, honey. I'm an Australian Muslim. But, Islam should be something you accept for yourself. A Muslim marrying a non-Muslim is generally forbidden. A Muslim man can marry a non-Muslim woman, but only if she is a Jew or a Christian (or anyone who worships only one God). Marrying polytheists is not allowed. Worshiping Jesus is not allowed. Certain mystic orders may accept Jesus worshiping. But in mainstream Islam, marrying non-Muslims is usually forbidden with few exceptions.

Anyway, you should seek a partner who will love and support you. Religion should not be your primary concern, unless you yourself were a Muslimah seeking a Muslim.
    You are pretty RUDE with your "OPINION".. when reality of life EVERYWHERE in the world Islam exists is oppression of every OTHER religious group. That is REALITY.

I'm not as blind to reality as you are... and I am far better traveled in the world than you are... Sharia is Oppression... Islam denies freedom and freedom of thought to everyone subject to it... If YOU like being oppressed that is YOUR right.. when you spread lies and oppress OTHERS.. then expect them to stand up to you.

And its NOT a damned generalization.. read your own Koran... its pretty clear how you are told to behave towards non-muslims.

Dec 9, 2012, 06:49 PM
    This is not the place for this, my friend. But I find it odd that you accuse me of being rude. I was not rude. You are the one practicing hate speech.

Dec 9, 2012, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You sound very confused. why would you want to marry someone just because of their religious faith, and not beleive in it. Why not marry someone of your own faith?

You don't have a person picked out, why do you think they will want someone who already has a child ?
    Thanks for your question as well, yes Im very much confused about the religion of Islam, I encounter guys how many times with that faith I found them very family oriented... thats why Im asking if they can accept a single mother.. coz I don't know if they can...
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2012, 07:04 PM
    This is not the place for this, my friend. But I find it odd that you accuse me of being rude. I was not rude. You are the one practicing hate speech.
    YOU gave the incorrect not helpful based on OPINION and not fact in violation of site rules that you apparently never bothered to read... and Incidentally... When I answered this thread.. it WASN'T in this forum.

The FACT is no NON-muslim is going to like the oppression that a muslim will force upon them... I've never seen or even heard of a single marriage between a Muslim and a non-muslim that respected the non-muslims faith... and I am over 50 years old.

Dec 9, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    He will FORCE you to change ..thats what they do....
    Tnx for your comment... maybe they will but a long the way if evrything was OK... I will embrace their religion...
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2012, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharwina View Post
    Tnx for ur comment...maybe they will but a long the way if evrything was ok....I will embrace thier religion ......
    Why won't he embrace YOUR religion? Give that some thought... if he loved you by that argument HE would change to YOUR religion and embrace it... If he can't respect your religion.. then he can't respect you. If you let yourself be swayed from your religion.. then you deserve the rest of what will certainly follow.

Dec 9, 2012, 07:10 PM

Tnx for the info... I want to marry first a muslim guy and on the long run embrace Islam if it I saw that I have the willingess to convert.. Im christian. I would love to if the guy love me for who am I and what I have... but I don't understnd.. deep within my heart it says that I belong to muslim guy... is their any issue if you have 5 years old child?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 9, 2012, 07:20 PM
    Sharwina, why don't you want to marry a man of your own religion? I agree that you are very confused and know so little of the Muslum faith that it could be harmful to you.

Dec 9, 2012, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Why won't he embrace YOUR religion? Give that some thought....if he loved you by that argument HE would change to YOUR religion and embrace it....If he can't respect your religion..then he can't respect you. If you let yourself be swayed from your religion..then you deserve the rest of what will certainly follow.
    Tnx you have a very good point... but I have seen here in our country some Filipina married muslim guy but they are not muslim... I like the way they raise a family which is teach to islam...

Dec 9, 2012, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Sharwina, why don't you want to marry a man of your own religion? I agree that you are very confused and know so little of the Muslum faith that it could be harmful to you.
    Tnx.. but I don't understnd the curiosity in myself... n the willingness to marry muslim guy... seems Im calling by someone
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2012, 08:17 PM
    Smoothty, your attack on Memory is pretty weird. He's not even expressing an opinion - he's speaking the truth about the rules of Islam. I'm no expert but I've read this much about the faith. And he's not saying anything inappropriate, so weird.

Anyway, to the original poster, please be aware that there are family oriented men in every faith. I'm guessing if you are Filippino you may have been raised Catholic? I know many devout Catholic men who are very family oriented. I know Jewish, reborn Christian, Lutheran, Episcopalian and non-religious men who are family oriented. If your focus is on finding a man who puts his emphasis on family, instead of looking for a Muslim man, look for a man who has a good relationship with his family and makes them a high priority. And ideally, look for a man who shares your own faith. Faith, in my view, should be the center of any marriage. If you enter a marriage with different faiths, you enter with a huge obstacle. Few things bring a family together like attending religious ceremonies and celebrating the rites and holidays and tradition of their faith together with their spouses and children.

Dec 10, 2012, 12:58 AM
    Sharwina, Islam accepts divorce, remarriage, and adoption. But I agree with everyone else here that you should seek more knowledge about Islam, from reliable sources (which you will not find here, unfortunately). Islam teaches that a Muslim man should marry a Muslimah, as it is preferable. So whilst it is possible, it is unfavorable. Islamic societies often apply their own rules which are not true to Islam. So there is definitely issues regarding this. If you seek to become a Muslimah, all that is required is that you accept that there is only one true God, and forsake all false idols, and accept that Muhammad (ṣall Allāhu ʿalay-hi wa-sallam) is the final prophet sent from God. Also, you must recognize all the prophets that preceded Muhammad, and deny that ʿĪsā (Jesus) was the son of God, but instead accept that he was a great prophet, and that he was not crucified, instead he lived and spread Islam throughout the lands. If you are able to accept this, and you declare "There is no god but God, Muhammad is the messenger of God." then you are already a Muslim. You can then seek a life of piety.

Many Muslim men would take issue with you being of a separate faith, especially when it comes to raising a child. The fact is, you should seek someone who will be best for you. If, however, you felt the Islamic faith was for you (your intentions should be pure in deciding this), then it would make sense for you to seek a Muslim man. Good and bad people exist in all creeds. Many of the practices in Islamic states are not true to Islam, but yet are attributed to Islam. Acts of barbarism, such as the so-called 'honor-killings', which occur most often in Islamic (and to a lesser extent, Sikh) communities are in violation of the religion. Tribalism, ethnic devision, sectarianism and all the conflict which arises from such things are in direct violation of Islamic jurisprudence, yet they still exist strongly in the Muslim word.

Hence, evil-doers are universal. People do great evil in the name of religion. Such is the nature of Man, unfortunately.
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2012, 06:22 AM
    Look at the history of Palestinians specifically targeting Jewish civilians and particularly children... there is over 1,000 years of histopry of the slaughter of innocents by Muslims with a 7th century mindset who contrary to their belief.. the world the world does NOT owe them anything.. and it isn't inferiour to them.. quite the contrary.. its superiour to them.

SO get of your high hourse attacking Jews.. and Christians when the entire history of ISLAM involves murder.. genocide and child molestation.

Anywhere you have Muslims in any significant concentration in the world you have oppression by Muslims and terrorism.

Islam is synonimous with war crimes and terrorism. And Muslims have themselves to thank for that, not the Jews or anyone else... because so many of Muslims are proud of their terrorism.

I have reality and history that backs that up dating as far back as the 7th Century... all you have are a few minor little incidents that doesn't even amount to a needle in a field of haystacks.

And speaking as someone who has specifically been the target of Muslim terrorists who missed killing me in the past... you aren't going to rant and rave that fact away... because unlike them at the time who had no reason other than I was American... I at least have a very real reason justifying how I feel towards them now. As the victim or intended victim of any criminal does.
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2012, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    Smoothty, your attack on Memory is pretty weird. He's not even expressing an opinion - he's speaking the truth about the rules of Islam. I'm no expert but I've read this much about the faith. And he's not saying anything inappropriate, so weird.

Nothing at all weird about it.. this Noob comes in and gives a wrongful Not helpful... BEFORE I ever responded to them.

And later in another post they showed their true colors going of an an antisemetic rant.

I generally AVOID this forum because of the anti-Semitic racists that frequent it.. but this thread wasn't originally posted in this forum.. it was moved to it AFTER I answered it.

Dec 10, 2012, 09:39 AM
    You said you were a man of 50 years. I have trouble believing that, because you act like a child.

You are filled with hatred and hubris; neither of which will serve you positively in life. You sing your laments of personal suffering whilst openly showing apathy for the suffering of others.

Your reactionary, defamatory remarks, and the projection of your own bigotry onto others, demonstrates an unwillingness to self-critique.

I would hope that someday you can find peace, but your inability to see your own personal faults will prevent this. Such is the cost of narcissism. The lack of critical thought only furthers ignorance.

"The ability to endure contradiction is a good indication of culture." - Friedrich Nietzsche.
    Story Writer Posts: 108, Reputation: 13

Dec 10, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Memory Fracture...

Sikhs also worship only ONE god!
    So, what would you say now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am hindu and want to marry muslim guy in court [ 2 Answers ]

I am a hindu girl and I love a muslim guy even he love me so much we both are of 23 years age but our parents are against our marriage so we want to do court marriage but some advocate said that our marriage comes in special act and in this court gives a prior notice at our home so we are finding...

Hindu girl deeply in love with a muslim guy. We both want to marry. [ 12 Answers ]

Hi friends, I am a hindu girl, deeply in love with a muslim guy. We are in relationship since four years. He is working abroad and has planned to settle down there. We want to marry but neither want to hurt our parents nor want the future of our siblings to be in mess. Please give me a way out. We...

Can a Bangalore muslim girl marry a kerala muslim guy? [ 4 Answers ]

Assalamualaikum... I am a muslim girl from bangalore and am in love with a kerala muslim guy,we both like each other and want to get married.my parents have no objections,his side all are agreeing including his mother and relatives except his father.his mother and rest all can't take a decision...

Can sunni muslim guy can marry qadyani girl [ 1 Answers ]

Can sunni muslim guy can marry qadyani girl

View more questions Search