Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csheehan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Fascinators instructions
    Hi!
    I'd like to make a fascinator for my day at the reace in April. Could you tell me how. I'd like it to be simple using peacock feathers
    Cheers!
    Connaugh
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Mar 21, 2007, 01:45 PM
    I believe this question is similar to yours :) https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crafts...tor-61632.html

Also, here are a couple more sites explaining common setups:
    Fascinator Hair Accessories

Here's another useful post I found from cameron2go on Vogue chatboards:

"1 - create base structure by setting buckrem/20-20 over a head block (buckrem/20-20 is kinda like plaster bandage, when you wet it it's pliable and you can mould it to set in the desired shape) then cutting out the shape you want the fascinator. or, you can buy a pre-made shape from craft stores, the ones i've seen are mainly stiffened straw with bound edges.

2 - sew millinery wire around the edges to stabilise

3 - cover with pellum/thin wadding so you have a smooth surface

4 - cover entire thing with fabric

5 - trim as desired

oh, and sew a comb or some pin loops on the inside so it actually stays on your head!

i'd reccommend sewing everything by hand, except the wire whcih you can machine zig zag around the edge. if you use glue make sure you can't see it cos that always ruins all your hard work!
    hope that provided a little bit of insight, good luck"
    topmumma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 04:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by csheehan
    Hi!
    I'd like to make a fascinator for my day at the reace in April. Could you tell me how. I'd like it to be simple using peacock feathers
    cheers!
    Connaugh
    Wonderful instructions at http://corvustristis.livejournal.com/3205html. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fascinators... [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Has anyone got any tips or hints, patterns or instruction for making a really simple bridal fascinator? I want to avoid wearing a veil, and couldn't find a fascinator that was just right... See, my hair is really curly, and doing too with feathers and ribbons will probably make me look like...

Long Division Instructions [ 3 Answers ]

Where can I get an instruction sheet to help my 4th grader with long division?

Understanding Instructions [ 3 Answers ]

The Instructions "As you think about writing a research paper, you may wonder how this assignment differs from other kinds of papers you have written. The fundamental difference has to do with the major content of each. Research papers do not grow out of personal experiences and opinions to the...

Ceiling lamp instructions [ 3 Answers ]

How do I install a hampton bay ceiling lamp

Can someone explain these instructions? [ 3 Answers ]

Express the numbers listed to three significant figures, writing the numbers in the first column in normal notation and the numbers in the second column in powers of 10(scientific notation) Express in Three significant figures 0.524 15.08 1444 0.0254 83,909

View more questions Search