Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tysunchan Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2012, 06:50 PM
    Song with a famous saxophone line
    Hello, I'm trying to locate the name of a song (possibly from the 80s) with a famous saxophone line. Haven't been able to track it down yet via various searches on Google. I have a jpeg of a rough estimate of part of the song in music notation, however I can't find a way to include images in this post. Thus I've made it available through You Send It at:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/W...TmFrWThpR01UQw

Many thanks
    kuxir Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Dec 9, 2012, 12:20 AM
    Baker's street?

Dec 10, 2012, 08:43 PM
    Hi all, I managed to produce a crude approximation of the tune on a PC synth (wma format), have a listen and see if it rings any bells:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/WUJZY05sSWhoeWE5TE1UQw

Dec 20, 2012, 01:15 AM
    Hi all, a better estimate of part of the tune, if anyone can let me know what it is that'd be great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlO7DOYeSWk

The line is played by a sax, possibly an alto. Pretty high likelihood it's an instrumental as I don't remember any vocals. The tone of the sax was a bit similar to Baker Street, The Heat is On, Freeway Love.

Dec 20, 2012, 01:15 AM
    Hi everyone, a better estimate of part of the tune, if anyone can let me know what it is that'd be great:

Name of this sax song? - YouTube

The line is played by a sax, possibly an alto. Pretty high likelihood it's an instrumental as I don't remember any vocals. The tone of the sax was a bit similar to Baker Street, The Heat is On, Freeway Love.
    ChloFoSho Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2014, 01:29 AM
    First thing that comes to mind - Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street...

What a tune!
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

Sep 24, 2014, 11:38 PM
    It sounds like Theme from Local Hero by Dire Straits. Mike Becker plays the saxophone on the track, please let me know if this is it :) The sax starts around 2.30 min.
    http://youtu.be/CagybSu2lNo
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 25, 2014, 01:40 AM
    The question is from 2 years ago. Doubt that the asker is around.
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

Sep 25, 2014, 02:46 AM
    Cheers joypulv :) Meant to check the date but forgot! Hope the asker is 'still around' even though it's doubtful they're still looking for the answer, lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a very famous song: [ 1 Answers ]

A black guy is in a club, and there is a special potion to get ladies, 80īs rap

Famous 1970's song referencing 'Theta Chi' fraternity? [ 1 Answers ]

Fogelberg, Messina, Loggins may have sung it.

President Clinton look-a-like playing a saxophone on a spaceship comedy [ 2 Answers ]

President Clinton look-a-like playing a saxophone on a spaceship (comedy sci-fi) It was like there was a party aboard the ship and Clinton came out to do his Saxophone bit.

Epic (violin?) Song. Famous I think, what is this song called! [ 3 Answers ]

Grah! I KNOW this song from SOMEWHER! I think it might have been used in movie commercials or something? YouTube - Ah ! My Goddess ! - Absolution If anyone knows what this is called, please tell me? And I checked, it's not called Absolution

Don't know the song or artist but I know a line from the song [ 2 Answers ]

There's this song that is played on KHOP and one line in the song goes: "she said, Boy you crazy, nah im swazzy" and another line goes: "i met her at a backyard block party by the bar" Can you help me find who sings it and the title of the song... PLEASE

View more questions Search