Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ianmac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2012, 10:15 AM
    How to replace a rotary switch
    I have a floor lamp with 3 bulbs all the same watts. I have a 2 wire rotary canapy switch. I need to know where to put the 2 wires from the switch please. All hot wires are tired together and same for neutral wires.
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

Dec 8, 2012, 09:20 PM
    Most likely the black cable from the switch will be connected to the three black light wires, and the white from the switch connected to the three white wires.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rotary switch wiring diagram [ 4 Answers ]

I purchased an old rotary switch, unfortunately without a wiring diagram. It has four settings (off, low, med, hi), and four wiring poles. Contacts rotate at two levels and connect the poles as shown in the attached JPG. My question is how to wire this thing (I assume there are three incoming...

Rotary switch wireing [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Indak Rotary 4 position switch part # 2G754A. Can any one tell me how to wire to a fan, or are there wireing diagrams available some where. Thanks Bill

Wiring diagram for 8 pole rotary switch [ 0 Answers ]

Want to wire A carwash

Install rotary switch temp on GE Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE dryer DBSR453EB2WW and I need to replace the rotary switch temp (part WE4M267). My dryer has 4 temp settings, my dryer has less wires and the switch has less plug in points than the replacement part that I received. Looking at the back of the switch, my switch has one plug in prong at...

View more questions Search