Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srini111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Incorrect SSN in W2 Form
    When I got my W-2 form I noticed that my SSN is not correct.
    Do I have to declare this income when I file my taxes?
    I mean the company made the mistake and they are not willing to fix it.
    What to do?
    Do I have to get new W2 form or can I correct my SSN in existing W2 form and file the taxes
    Please advice me what to do?
    Toddro61 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by srini111
    When I got my W-2 form i noticed that my SSN is not correct.
    Do I have to declare this income when I file my taxes?
    I mean the company made the mistake and they are not willing to fix it.
    What to do?
    Do i have to get new W2 form or can I correct my SSN in existing W2 form and file the taxes
    Please advice me what to do?
    You must get your employer to give you a corrected W-2.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Agreed! A corrected W-2 is in order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Incorrect SSN on W2 (for past 3 years) [ 2 Answers ]

I just discovered that the SSN my employer has for me is incorrect. The last digit in my SSN is and "8" and they show it as a "0". I have already filed my 2004 and 2005 returns. I did not notice the error and filled out the returns with my correct SSN, but attached the W2 showing the incorrect...

Incorrect W-2 [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-empolyer did not pay me for 8 weeks of work for 2006. Now, I get a W-2 showing he paid me. I have a claim in with the labor dept last year but they did nothing, well they made a phone call but that was it. I have a copy of the only check they did give me for 2006 and it was returned for...

Incorrect info or is it right? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17, and have been trying to find a sure answer on a question for a while. My boyfriend is 21, and I was wondering if my parents found out we were sexually active, I they could 1) press charges and if they can, then 2) if they can press charges against my will. I live in Michigan, and I read...

Incorrect wiring [ 4 Answers ]

When contractor installed the gas furnece, he did not connect the wires from Central A/C to the furnece. I connected two wires white and red coming from A/C unit to the furnece, the AC unit works but the blower fan of the furnece does not go on. I just need your help to figure out how many wires...

Wrong SSN on the W-2 form? [ 5 Answers ]

When I get my W-2 I did not pay attention that my SSN is mistaken. Do I have to declare this income when I file my taxes? I mean the company made the mistake and they are not willing to fix it. What to do? This is good for me bacause my income is getting lower,but I do not want any...

View more questions Search