Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pcasper Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Research paper - thesis
    Where is the thesis within a reseach paper. I was told it was the last sentence in the 1st paragrah and then I was told anywhere in the first paragraph.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Anywhere, although commonly the first few sentences are intro to the topic, setting the tone and letting the reader understand where you are going, leading up to the thesis.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2007, 04:59 PM
    It is not anywhere in the first paragraph. You would lose your audience if you did that. KP is right, it is within the first few sentences, sooner than later is best practice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thesis Statement for Research Paper on Polish Holocaust [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I need help writing a Thesis statement on the Polish Holocaust. Im not good at writing one and my paper is due Wednesday and it has to be 5 to 7 pages long and I need help to start it off if someone could help me I would be really happy Thanks

Research paper [ 1 Answers ]

How would you begin your second paragraph ? I'm so confused should you start with statistics or what kind of important information

Thesis statement for CP III english paper [ 1 Answers ]

I need help writing my english paper. My topic is "The sicking of the Edmund Fitzgerald". My teacher gave me one but I can't find any information on it. He said that I should do it on safety standards, ship design, and how it changed the industry. But I can't find anything on it at all!:eek: ...

Research paper thesis [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know a good research paper thesis that has to do with literature or even song lyrics?

Thesis statements for research paper [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with a thesis statement for my english II research paper on lord of the flies anyone have any ideas?

View more questions Search