Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    00RWOW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2012, 05:15 PM
    98 qx4 no spark
    Put in a new crank sensor and a new dist, rotor turns please help!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2012, 06:19 PM
    . Remove and fully charge the battery. Clean the battery terminals and cable connections. Clean the ground cable, where it attaches to the body of the car.

. Check for codes.

. Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter. This may lead you to suspect the ignition switch.

. Clean the main PCM ground, after disconnecting the negative battery terminal.

. Check/replace the Camshaft Position Sensor. I've seen many of these sensors fail on Nissans.

Did you install a new distributor made by Nissan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 Honda Accord--no start, good spark but spark plugs wet with fuel [ 1 Answers ]

Help with why plugs wet with fuel

Rheem Classic 90, inducer runs, but no spark. No codes, ~70v DC at spark generator. [ 0 Answers ]

Pressure switch is closing, I tested it for continuity at the control board. No codes, but FLM light flickers rapidly. Also gas valve does not appear to be opening for pilot--perhaps waiting to detect a spark? Held a grounded lead close to high voltage terminal on spark generator, no spark there...

Spark ignitor does not spark and blower constantly blowing cold air [ 21 Answers ]

Hi, Day & Night by Carrier Product: 395BAW048080ABJA Model: 395BAW048080 Date of mgf: 1987 My Day & Night by Carrier is constantly blowing cold air even when the thermostat is on Off or Auto. When trying to turn the heat on, the blower just constantly blows cold air. I've tested the...

Intermittent spark ignition spark but will not light pilot on natural gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Johnson ultra air 97 natural gas furnace , 18 years old Starting sequence 1) exhaust blower and main blower come on 2) 2 seconds later intermittent spark igniter starts sparking , but will not ignite pilot Will shut down after maybe 20 seconds , do not smell any gas Things I've tried......

2000 infiniti qx4 map sensor replacement [ 0 Answers ]

2000 infiniti qx4 map sensor replacement I can't find where it is

View more questions Search