Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Sep 4, 2013, 06:33 AM
    OK I just looked at carfax. Didn't know there was a fee for that. I'm not sure if it's worth it. Every penny counts for me right now. It says there are 12 records. Not sure if that is true or not.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2013, 06:37 AM
    Your call there... there were a LOT of flooded cars from Hurricane Sandy that got cleaned up and resold... some of them flagged by insurance... some of them not.

Without even seeing the car... I'm wondering if this isn't one of them... how long has he had this so far?

Sep 4, 2013, 06:42 AM
    I have no idea if it is a retired cab or not. You mean cab as in Taxi cab? I don't think so. How can I tell? I must say I can smell things others can't and it just smelled funny to me. Kind of like a hotel. I didn't like it. Nobody else noticed.

Sep 4, 2013, 06:44 AM
    He got this car I believe it was February 2012? Got it in Houston. Let me go look to see exactly when he got it. My memory isn't that good right now... got a lot going on.

Sep 4, 2013, 06:45 AM
    The inside looks great...

Sep 4, 2013, 06:47 AM
    September 2012! Not February!

Sep 4, 2013, 07:05 AM
    Sorry I hope I'm not being annoying. I wanted to point out that they had an alarm put on the car as well as the speakers... I'm just wondering if when they installed those, if they messed up the electrical somewhere else. To me this all seems to be an electrical/computer problem.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2013, 07:52 AM
    I saw that before when you mentioned it... the speakers... not a chance... alarm? A lot depends on exactly which one it is and how it ties into the system.

Sep 4, 2013, 01:58 PM
    OK thanks for your answers!
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Sep 7, 2013, 04:45 PM
    If a person "just works on speakers", I would not let him work on anything of mine. In modern vehicles, the wiring is critical and if anything is disconnected that should not be, it could render the vehicle undriveable. If this person has np certifications for working on cars or trucks, he should be reported to the |Department of Motor Vehicles for operating a repair business without a license. One wrong wire cut and it could mean someone's life .

Sep 7, 2013, 06:01 PM
    I absolutely agree with you handyman. We did not let this person work on the car. The speakers were not working properly... took the car to fix the speakers, I mentioned about the car not starting sometimes and the cables being loose, he took a look at it, and the reason the cables were loose was because plastic covering was preventing the cable from getting a good connection (the speaker things are connected as well), so he sliced the bottom of that plastic thing which was totally fine with me, and tightened it and wah lah.. no more battery issues. So after that... and after he finished fixing the speakers, he said... "you know another problem you might be having with your car not starting is the ignition harness is missing"... he said "I DO NOT DO REPAIR WORK ON CARS"... So that is what brought me to that question. He did not work on the car other than the speaker issue. Sorry if I confused anyone there... And you know what... the car has been working great since he tightened/sliced battery cable...
    NOW, just got to get it in and get the rest of the work done... ugh!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Changing brake pads JK [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to change the brake pads in my 2007 Jeep wrangler JK, 2WD, and notice that when I lift the jeep, and the wheels are off the ground so as to remove the wheels, the wheels do not rotate 100% freely. The brade pads are still touching them slightly. The same for the rear wheels. I believe...

How to bleed ABS brakes on 1993 Lincoln Town Car [ 1 Answers ]

I need to bleed the brakes on a 1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature series. I was told that you must first bleed the ABS box or valves in a certain order before bleeding the lines. How do I do this? What order from the box or valves? Brakes are spongey now from air in the line and the ABS light is...

Bleed brakes--max torque to close bleed valve screw? [ 1 Answers ]

Working on a '99 Miata. Changed the right rear caliper, but cannot find information on the maximum torque to close the bleed valve screw. My repair manual does not have this information nor the Kragen store nor the website of the manufacturer--Cardone. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Changing Break Pads [ 2 Answers ]

How do I change my break pads?

Anti Lock Brakes Dash Warning Light, 2001 Chevy Malibu. [ 1 Answers ]

Need help with Anti Lock Brakes, ABS - 2001 Chevy Malibu... A dash warning light appeared about 3 days ago that something might be wrong with my anti lock brakes, I immediately pulled over, read about the warning in my own manual, it said turn the veh off, then restart it and if the light...

View more questions Search