Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mush Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Toilet Training in a house with many floors
    We have 4 month old Lhasa Apso and live in a house set on four floors including the ground. We have puppy training pads on each floor but the dog still has regular accidents. We put him outside on a regular basis but he only very occasionally goes to the toilet. Any advice please would be very gratefully received... :(
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Although I guess they work in some cases, I don't recommend pads or papers. If you spend most of your time on the ground floor, I would confine the puppy to it. In our 2 story house, we seldom let the puppies upstairs at first. In cold weather, we keep a coat where we can grab it on the way out. If the puppy shows signs of needing to relieve itself when it is upstairs, gently pick it up and carry it outside.

It works much better to take the dog out, not put it out. And once out with it, it is important to have it move around to stimulate the body to relieve itself.

I am not going to repeat what I have in the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251809 It is exactly what has worked for me for puppy after puppy. It includes many details much of the conventional advice leaves out. Considering how poor much of the advice around is, it is no wonder some many people like you have problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Installing toilet over new hardwood floors - flange is now below floor level [ 2 Answers ]

I have remodeled a bathroom and replaced carpet floors with hardwood. This now puts the toilet flange below the floor level. Is there a thicker or additional flange to bring the connection (with the toilet) level up 1/2 to 3/4 inches?

Pomeranian Toilet Training [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old pomeranian, when she needs to do a number 1 or 2 she won't go down to the grass she does in on the back verandah in front of the door. How can I teach her to do it on the grass which is down the stairs from the verandah?

Regarding toilet training [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 2years 3month but don't want to use potty and toilet set... wht can I do to toilet train him?

House Training a Mini Dachshund [ 4 Answers ]

Hey All...First off I'm a newbie to the site and wanted to say that I have been reading on the advice passed from each and am wondering if I can get some ideas. I have a mini dachshund that is 1 yr old. I have had dachshunds all my life but none have ever been this stubborn. My lil Sammie is a...

House training dog [ 5 Answers ]

We have a 3 year old dog, Dalmation/Border Collie mix. He has been an outside dog all his life, we want to bring him inside. What is the best way to house train this dog? Thank you.

View more questions Search