Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ellenkruusmagi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 12:03 PM
    Does a special needs trust for an alcoholic disqualify him from medi-cal benefits?
    My brother is a severe alcoholic. He is unable to manage his money so we are in the process of setting up a special needs trust for him. He gets Medi-cal benefits in California and is on food stamps. He does not get SSI because he is too messed up to ever apply. He will be the recipient of property and money now that my mother has died. If his money is put in a special needs trust does this disqualify him for Medi-cal?

Check out some similar questions!

Overage director disqualify? [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the case name regard a over age person disqualify be a director? Any cases as long as it's real.

Should I trust my alcoholic drug abusing wife [ 2 Answers ]

Should I trust my alcoholic drug abusing wife?

Could it disqualify me from getting an aprt. When I've been charged NOT convicted? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are trying to get in apartment of our own, but unfortunately they do backround check. My concern is that his record is clean but mine however is not. Now I'm just wondering if it could disqualify us because I've been charged and they ended up doing a diversion, and my record...

Where can I get a Motion to Disqualify/Recuse a Judge? (FL) [ 4 Answers ]

I need to file a motion to disqualify or recuse a judge... I know an affidavit needs to be filed as well. It's taken under oath... Where can I get the forms online? Family law forms are online... Why does it seem so hard to get civil procedural forms? Is my only recourse to go to a Law Library,...

Elder Law and Medi-cal/Medi-care [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a mom and a mom-in-law who are both over 70, retired, and on Medi-cal/Medi-care. In the process of doing some research, much to my dismay, I recently found out that M/M will seize your assets (bank account, property, etc) upon your passing if you are in their system (using...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.