Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    girlse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 12:01 AM
    Beauty school small claims court
    I was sued for unable to make payments to my Beauty School loan from the school itself. Now its been 2 months I have been unemployed and been unable to make the payments. Will I get sued again, I am out of the country and I will be unavailable to attend. Will there be a bench warrant? Also I plan to pay as soon as I get a job!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2012, 04:18 AM
    Assuming the school won the suit or was awarded a default judgment because you didn't show up, they have a judgment against you. They can go after any assets you might have. If you have a bank account with a US bank, they can attach it.

But the likelihood is they can't collect on the judgment until you have a job or assets. But it will be noted on your credit report making it harder for you to get credit.

The judgment will last for at least 7 years and as much as 20 years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 05:03 AM
    There is no warrant in civil court, if you don't show up, normally they just win. So they will have a judgement against you. They can garnish pay, garnish any bank account you may have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I sue him for in small claims court? [ 5 Answers ]

I took my boat to be repaired 7 months ago and he said it would be ready in a month. We have gone back and forth with his excuses(he has a real sick family) and I don't think it will ever be finished and I certainly don't trust his work to be complete or correct. I gave him $1500 down with $500...

Friend claims I owe him money and is taking it to small claims court [ 2 Answers ]

I was on holiday with a friend who booked and paid for a trip. When we got home he asked me for the money for this trip. He never told me how much it cost or that he would want me to contribute until afterwards. I have told him that he should have asked first and I wouldn't have gone as I cannot...

Can I take this to small claims court [ 6 Answers ]

We had a car that we were leasing. On January 26th 2005 the car was repossessed because we had no insurance on it. It wasn't being driven it was stored while we were looking for cheaper insurance. It was repossessed. We aren't fighting the repo, we are fighting the amount they are charging after...

View more questions Search