Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uncwally Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2012, 09:25 PM
    Need help in Common Stock Valuation
    Dubai Metro’s stock price was at $100 per share when it announced that it will cut its dividends from $10 per share to $6 per share, with additional funds used for expansion. Prior to the dividend cut, Dubai Metro expected its dividends to grow at a 4% rate, but with the expansion, dividends are now expected to grow at 7%. How do you think Dubai Metro’s stock price will react to the announcement?
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Dec 5, 2012, 10:29 AM
    Use the given info along with the constant-growth model to determine the discount rate the market is using to derive the $100 share price.

Then with that discount rate in hand use the constant-growth ("Gordon") model again to re-price the stock based on the new expectations for dividends and growth.

Here's where you take over for the wrap-up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stock questions? Common stock in STROUSE Inc. With Pennsylvania corporate seal 1954 [ 0 Answers ]

The shares were purchased oct. 6 1967, that's all I know #RL3406, I don't know if there still in business, or how to find out, perhaps you can help, thanks

Stock provision and over valuation of stock [ 4 Answers ]

can anyone send me double entry for stock provision ? Provision amount is 200,000. further stock is over valued by 100,000 what will be the accounting entry for over valuation of stock. Early response will be of immmmmense help for me:o

Valuation of stock [ 1 Answers ]

Mary Smith commenced trading on 1 September 20x9 as adistributor of the straight cut garden lawn mower, a relatively new product which is now becoming increasingly popular. Upon commencing trading, mary transferred $7,000 from her personal savings to open a business bank account. Mary purchases...

View more questions Search