Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdsiegler Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2012, 07:50 PM
    Sounds like water running, but no taps are on (toilets, faucets, outside hoses).
    Inside the house, especially in two of four bathrooms, sounds like water is running to an outside tap. Not loud, but you can hear water moving through pipes. However, no taps are on, toilets are not running, no discernable leaks, outside taps not on. What could it be? When I shut water off to hot water heater, noise stops. But why would it continue to fill for hours?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 5, 2012, 09:50 AM
    To check to see if you have a hidden leak first shut down everything in the house, no flush, no drinks of water, and if you are on a meter go out and check the little pointer in the gage. It should not move or creep. If it does you have a leak. If you're on a pump then check the pressure gage after the pump builds up to pressure and shuts off. The gage should not fall and the pump come back on. If so then you have a leak. Hope this helps and thank you for rating my reply, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water come in out any hot taps but some cold slightly running. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.I have not hot water coming out of any ov my hot taps in the house.but when I try the cold taps they flow just slightly.any advice please.

Concealing hoses and faucets [ 1 Answers ]

My washing machine hoses and faucets are about 6" above the washing machine and the dryer plug is about 1' above the dryer. I'm wondering if there is any type of device to conceal these?

I have soft grainy brown stuff coming out of my cold water faucets and toilets [ 1 Answers ]

I have soft grainy brown stuff coming out of my cold water faucets and toilets.

Hot water running slow from taps [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone help, my hot water is running very slow,cold is fine ,don't know what the ansewer is.

No water running from taps (hot) [ 1 Answers ]

I have no hot water running from my taps, or if so very low pressure. Is there anythung I Can do? I need a bath.lol Any Ideas Pease.:mad:

View more questions Search