Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Natre Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2012, 03:24 PM
    Black screen at start up
    Hi tried starting up my PC when I got home and was getting noting but a black screen I have been having a problem with my ram I have 4 stick and it was doing a black screen when I tried us wing all 4 but if I used 2 of them in the 2 and and 4 slots it would come on but was only running on 1 stick worth of memory but like I said I just got home and tried to start it up and was getting the black screen I have tried us ring all 4 sticks again also tried Stick 1in all slots by its self going to try the rest the same way but what els can t try
    Eman20 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2013, 03:25 PM
    Most likely your computer cannot handle all four sticks at one time. You most likely have a dual channel ram port which mean you need to have the same size ram in two of the "blue" colored slots. With some computers if the motherboard cannot handle all of the ram it will short out and you won't be able to use the motherboard again. Make sure that you look at your manufactures specifications of ram sizes to see if your putting in more then the motherboard can take. Also make sure your not overloading each ram slot with too much memory. Ex: Some slots can only handle 1gb or 2gb.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jan 8, 2013, 05:48 AM
    Reinstall the RAM that originsaly came with the computerand try to start. Remember to consult the manufacture when upgrading RAM to see what is supported.
    Eman20 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2013, 07:44 PM
    I did but I still get the same problem.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 14, 2013, 07:31 PM
    Does your screen come on at all? Does your power button on your monitor change colors when you turn on the computer ?
    Nubzor16 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2013, 10:34 PM
    Yeah could be video adapter. Any special beeps? When its trying to post?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Screen goes black [ 3 Answers ]

Why does the screen turn black when I run a show from the lap top through a HDMI cable to the big screen? It takes a while then starts and then increases its pace. It stays black for about 5 seconds then the picture comes back. Its just the tvs picture going, the laptops picture remains constant....

Black screen [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My TV seems to have a problem. When I switch it on, the screen goes black with a thin white line going from left to right across the middle of it. The Brand name is: Orion . Can someone please tell me, does this mean the tube is dead.

I have a laptop, Sony VAIO VGN-FW235J, that's got a black screen at start-up. [ 7 Answers ]

I turn on the laptop and all I get is black screen. It does not do anything else no matter what I do. Already tried ac power without battery, holding power button for 20 and 50 secconds, reseating the RAM and hard drive, pressing F keys but won't even go into bios or nothing just getting black...

Screen goes black [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I have a IBM thinkpad, when we turn it on, the screen comes and lights up and shows IBM, and it shows it is pulling up windows, but as soon as the windows starts to open, the screen goes black. Nothing. I can hook another monitor to the back of the lap top and it works fine, What...

Please Help! Black screen on start up with "|"flashin [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I tried adding a new hard drive as an extra with my other one, I connected it all up and when tried to boot up my computer said it could not boot up, so when I disconnected it back to normal my computer worked, but I re connected and put in a windows boot disk and setup started but then I...

View more questions Search