Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samrainy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2012, 06:48 PM
    Income requirements for visitor from Ghana
    Someone requesting a visitor from Ghana to Usa, do they need to provide income to have this person visit so this person does not become a burdon to the American government while here , and if so what are the requirements of income ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 06:57 PM
    Apparently you are a victim of the famous Ghana romance scam. We strongly recommend you travel to Ghana to meet her and her family before you commit to anything, especially money.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2012, 01:34 AM
    No, there is no requirement for a BTA Basic travel allowance, or money in the bank.
    There is no requirement for a job ( unless they are coming on a work visa, then the place they will work for, provides that paper work) there is no requirement for a phyisical.

It sounds like you are a victim of the most famous dating scam in the world.

Dec 5, 2012, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Apparently you are a victim of the famous Ghana romance scam. We strongly recommend you travel to Ghana to meet her and her family before you commit to anything, especially money.
    I am not dating anyone, this is a friend I met on a trip two summers ago to Ghana and I am
    Asking this friend to visit me in the USA and they are been told, I need to send financial paper to prove income to provide the care of this person while visiting me in the Usa. Im trying to find out the truth and what is really needed to arrange travel for my friend. Its no dating scam...

Dec 5, 2012, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    No, there is no requirement for a BTA Basic travel allowance, or money in the bank.
    There is no requirement for a job ( unless they are coming on a work visa, then the place they will work for, provides that paper work) there is no requirement for a phyisical.

It sounds like you are a victim of the most famous dating scam in the world.
    Chuck , I am not dating anyone, I met a friend in Ghana two summers ago while I was visiting Accra and have invited this friend to visit me in the USA, they are been told, I need to send verification as to income to provide for this friend while visiting me in USA so this person would not come into our country and become
    A burdon on the american government while here. I just need information since I cannot get anyone to answer this question ever the Embassy of Ghana.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by samrainy View Post
    Chuck , i am not dating anyone, i met a friend in Ghana two summers ago while i was visiting Accra and have invited this friend to visit me in the USA, they are been told, I need to send verification as to income to provide for this friend while visting me in USA so this person would not come into our country and become
    a burdon on the american goverment while here. i just need information since i cannot get anyone to answer this question ever the Embassy of Ghana.
    No verification of income is required. There is no burden on our government.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can ghana residents get visitor visa for canada? [ 2 Answers ]

How long can Ghana residents get visitor visa to canada?

What are the requirements to get a passport- visa in ghana [ 2 Answers ]

Are police checks and blood tests manditory need to know exactly what the requirements are for passport and visa Need to know cost of each?

Passport and Visa Requirements in Ghana [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend lives in and is a citizen of Ghana. She wants to visit me in the USA. What must She do to get a passport and visa to travel to The United States? How much does it cost? How Long will it take to complete the process?

Buying a Cdn Visitor Visa in Ghana [ 2 Answers ]

I know that Ghana is a very corrupt country. If someone were to bribe the Cdn Immigration Office in Ghana to get a Visitor Visa to Canada, what would be the repercussions. Would it really be a legitimate Visa, and if I was inviting this person to visit me, are there any legal problems that I could...

What are the necessary requirements of spain tourist visa in ghana? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to bring my Ghanaian girlfriend to Spain. I have gone on the net to find out about the requirements but didn't get the right answer I was looking for. How do I get the requirements of Spain Tourist Visa in her country? Can I get the website of Spain Embassy in Ghana or the requirements to...

View more questions Search