Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capecoral28 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2012, 09:25 AM
    Ask a human resources question
    My husband got a promotion 2 months ago, and he told his current boss he would stay for two months to help with the transition, but now they are telling him they won't let him leave for another 2-3 more months. He is very frustrated. He thought he was being more than fair. He will be making $30,000 more a year, and would be 45 min closer to home. Can he do anything??

Thank you
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 3, 2012, 09:26 AM
    Is this within the same company or a new one ?

Dec 3, 2012, 10:32 AM
    The same company.. different location... move from internal audit to training CFO
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 3, 2012, 10:33 AM
    Have you spoken to your "new" boss about this situation ?

Dec 3, 2012, 10:38 AM
    He sent an email today to the CFO... is this normal... what should he say to his" old boss".. or should he go straight to Human resource
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2012, 08:14 PM
    What did the CFO say or do? This is one of the weirdest and most over the top, awkward examples of bad management behavior I've ever heard.

Dec 6, 2012, 11:09 PM
    My husband talk to the new CFO... and he said that he really needs him as soon as Jan... but the woman who is keeping my husband hold a lot of weight in this company. So the new CFO is going to pleed his case to the top CFO of the home office... but he doubt it will do any good. I agree with you statement "awkward examples of bad management behavior " this woman like like the devil wear prada.. lol
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 6, 2012, 11:17 PM
    A new CFO does not plead a case, he gives a order, does not sound right.

Also teaches husband a lesson, go when you can.

He goes and talks to new boss, if new boss says be there on Monday, he goes and is there on Monday, once he is promoted,he no longer reports to the old boss.

So he just demands his new rate of pay at this position.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 7, 2012, 02:47 AM
    CFO doesn't sound like the right title, if there is a higher CFO in the home office. Without knowing the hierarchy, it's impossible to advise. We don't even know who promoted him. I would tell devil boss that I'm showing up for my new job on January 2, and do so. What's she going to do? Get him fired for being promoted? The worst she can do is get someone higher up to send him back for a while.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a human resources question [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I already work for an organization in a specific capacity. However, I recently saw and responded to an ad with the same job title that I have now. The ad did not state the name of the organization only the city and state. It was not at all clear if this was my organizations' ad. I applied...

Ask a human resources question help [ 3 Answers ]

Can going back to school be used as a reason to withhold a promotion? My supervisor told me that having a small child and going back to school would take too much of my time and prevent me from working late. I wouldn't be available to work as much as the new role would require. I am currently...

Ask human resources [ 11 Answers ]

I have a question about discrimination in the work place. Is it discriminatory if I lose hours because I enrolled in class? I changed my availability temporarily, but was still getting hours. Now, I have no hours. I'm not fired either, that I know of anyway

Human resources [ 1 Answers ]

What are the roles of Human Resources manager in employee and industrial relationship with specific emphasis to the union and management relationship in an Organization?

Human Resources [ 7 Answers ]

Hello to you, and thanks again for taking the time to view and answer my questions - this is awsome!! I just found out I’m pregnant (Happy). I went through my employee handbook to find out what is said about maternity leave and to my surprise; there is little to nothing at all. My human...

View more questions Search