Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JamieShoot Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2012, 09:56 PM
    The work required to bend a steel beam with a spring constant of 10^6 n/m
    he work required to bend a steel beam with a spring constant of 10^6 n/m is 5 j. If it is treated like a perfect spring, what is the displacement of the beam?

A. 3.2 mm b. . 03 m C. 2.5m D. 0.026 m e. 0

Please show work thank u!

Check out some similar questions!

Best method for cutting steel I-beam? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a loose 10 foot section of I-beam with a 1 foot or so bent end I'd like to cut off cleanly to have a usable section of beam. I'm not sure what is the best approach. The following tools are available: 4 1/2" angle grinder 7" angle grinder Oxy-acetylene torch Milwaukee 14 in. dry-cut...

Best way to cut 1/4 - 1/3 thick steel I-beam [ 2 Answers ]

I reviewed another similar post but it wasn't what I needed. I have a few steel I-beams in cement and in the hillside where a former carport stood. I want to remove them. Only 2 of them are in cement and I figure I could jackhammer them out. However 3 of them are in the hillside, fairly deep and...

Closet bend required? [ 2 Answers ]

I am putting in a new toilet on the 2nd floor and have a question about code... I am using 3"pvc coming up from the basement then 90 deg elbow (with 2" vent on top) going horizontal for about 14". I then have a standard 3" 90 degree elbow to a 3" closet flange. With the limited space (2x8...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.