Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drossi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2012, 08:39 AM
    Battery operated timer on outdoor christmas wreath by phillips
    We have phillips battery operated timer on our christmas wreath. It has no instructions, only a timer switch. The only info on it says it is 6hrs on, 18hrs off. How do you set it to go on at 5pm?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2012, 09:09 AM
    Many of the smaller timers are light activated solid state and will go on at darkness and run for a short period. Otherwise the batteries will be used up..
    profkc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 08:15 PM
    If you notice the "switch" for this wreath has three positions: the middle is position is off, to the right is on, and to the left is the "timed" position (should have a T at the top). You are correct that in the "timed" position that the lights will stay on for 6 hours then off for 18 hours... and will stay that way as long as switch stays in timed position. So, if you want the wreath to come on a 6 PM (and go off at 12 PM), wait until 6 PM and then turn the switch to the timed position (from the off position). If you wish to "reset" this to 7 PM to 1 AM, you must turn the switch to the off position and wait until 7 PM and then switch to the "timed" position. Got it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closet light battery operated [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any decent closet light that operates off batteries. I had one That you push, but it didn't give much light. There is no power supply in my closets?

Name of 90's battery operated game [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for a game that I bought my daughter in the early part of the 90's. This game had four sides and plastic balls encased in a plastic dome. Each side was a different color (blue, green, red, and yellow ~ I believe) and had four balls colored the same way. The object of the game was to...

Is there a battery operated heater that don't need gas to run ? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any battery operated heaters that don't need gas to run

Battery operated 220v motor [ 10 Answers ]

Iwould like to see if there is any possible way toget a 220volt motor powered by a series of heavy duty batteries maybe even lithium ion batteries

Setting a battery operated outdoor timer [ 6 Answers ]

I am frustrated in trying to set an automatic outdoor watering timer for several flower pots. I need it to operate twice daily, but can only get it to come on once. Can you instruct me on what I am doing wrong?

View more questions Search