Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchsc Posts: 802, Reputation: 7

Nov 30, 2012, 05:33 PM
    PC with DVI-D Dual Link Port. How do I know if it's Dual Link output?
    I have an HP p7-1007c Desktop, with integrated graphics using ATI Radeon 4200. It has one DVI-D Dual Link port, and a VGA port.

HP's spec sheet only indicates that it has a DVI port.
    HP Pavilion p7-1000 Desktop PC series -  HP Pavilion p7-1007c Desktop PC Product Specifications - c02871202 - HP Business Support Center

The specs from ATI, seem to describe a PCIe card, which sounds totally different than my integrated version (more ports, etc): ATI Radeon HD 4200 Series Specifications

How do I know if the DVI-D Dual Link Port is actually a Dual Link output?

Thanks...

I can't find any information online.
    Nubzor16 Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2013, 10:17 PM
    So what u have is integrated graphics port that supports DVI-D connector type.
    Number 11

Here are dif types

What are you asking exactyl

Feb 6, 2013, 06:27 AM
    Thanks for the graphics.

It's my understanding that an actual DVD Dual Link output has a greater bandwidth than Single Link, giving a higher resolution image on the monitor.

My question is this: Just because I have a DVI Dual Link port (24+1) for the video output on my PC, does that mean the actual output is operating at the higher bandwidth than a Single Link?

I could find no specs on this for my PC.

Thank you...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2013, 06:32 AM
    Here are the specs: ATI Radeon HD 4200 Series Specifications

Feb 6, 2013, 06:50 AM
    Wow. That was fast. Thanks NK.

I actually looked at these specs initially (referenced link in my original post). Here's my confusion:

I know that HP lists the ATI Radeon HD 4200 as my graphics "card". These specs don't seem to match what I have. For example, The ATI spec sheet says it's a PCIe card, mine is integrated. Spec sheet lists several more outputs than I have (2 DVI Dual Link, an HDMI, a DisplayPort). I only have one DVI Dual Link and a VGA.. . Etc.

So... If I have a physical DVI 24+1 port, does that mean I have 2560x1600 resolution? Or could it still be 1920x1200? I have a 27" monitor, so I hoping it's the higher resolution.

Thanks again...
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2013, 07:03 AM
    Oops, sorry, I totally missed that link in your original post.
    I thought those specs were extremely high for onboard graphics.

Take a loom at the posts halfway down this page, stating with John Phoenix:
    Is a Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graphics Card good for gaming? - Prebuilt - Homebuilt-Systems

But remember that since it's an integrated chipset its performance is also affected by the performance of the motherboard components.

Feb 6, 2013, 09:33 AM
    Well, John Phoenix certainly is passionate about his integrated 4200 graphics... LOL.

Thanks for digging this up NK. I'm grateful for the support. Since I'm not a gamer, the point is probably moot anyway. I just like to know the specs on my equipment.

I'm looking at my 27" monitor right now, with the 4200 integrated graphics, and it looks pretty darn good to me.

Thanks again, and nice to hear from you as always... MSC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you use a Click Banks Affiliate link as a button? Or only as a link to Owners Sit [ 1 Answers ]

I want create separate website for different Click Bank Products, and I want to add the affiliate link to the Buy Now button so my customers can buy the product right there and then without having to go to another website. Or does clickbank affiliate link only allows you to send customers to...

Italian Dual Citizen=Dual Taxings? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a US citizen considering applying to be a dual citizen of Italy. I would like to know if non-residents of Italy who never made income there still have to pay taxes to Italy. Thank you very much. -L

View more questions Search