Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stpetefl Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2012, 01:26 PM
    Backyard pond cleaning tips needed
    Who has a pond (appox 120 gallons) and can give me some tips/shortcuts on draining and cleaning. No fish at present time.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2012, 05:16 PM
    Mine isn't that big but I just switch the hose out to the side, turn the pump on and pump.it out. Clean out all the junk and refill.
    CoolPeter Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2013, 06:55 AM
    Your pond seems to be big enough so I think it would not be possible to clean it all by yourself. I don't have personal experience of cleaning any so I can't help in any way but just a thought- you should call in professional help for the purpose.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2013, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolPeter View Post
    Your pond seems to be big enough so I think it would not be possible to clean it all by yourself. I don't have personal experience of cleaning any so I can't help in any way but just a thought- you should call in professional help for the purpose.
    Average bathtub will hold almost 90 gallons. Just empty the pond, scrape out the debris and refill. Can't be that big.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Easy /Inexpensive Pond Cleaning [ 3 Answers ]

:confused:I have a water garden that is in a figure 8 pattern , it is 14 "s deep in the shallow end and 42 "s in the deep end . Every spring I have to get in the deep end with a 3 gallon bucket and clean out the mud and leaves . I have 6 koi fix in it, and it gets real dingy water when I stir...

Cleaning a fish pond filter [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fish pond (approx 2000 gallons) that came with the house I just purchased. It went green so I asked 2 local companies for advice. Both came to the house and looked at my pond. The filter is a biological gravity filter by the way. One guy said don't touch the filter and the other one...

Pond cleaning [ 4 Answers ]

I posted a while ago about cleaning ponds that led to installing a pump, adding something to the water to dissolve the algae and more plants. Although there's been an improvement, only half the pond is staying noticeably cleaner. Should I be moving the pump into the middle of the pond (where...

Cleaning credit tips? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I want to clean my credit up and, since I've never done this before, I need some advice. Here's my scenario: All of my negative marks on my credit report are from California. I now live in Nevada. I had a credit card from Capitol One with...

View more questions Search