Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brilas Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2012, 08:04 AM
    Bf mad at new birthcontrol
    Okay so my boyfriend and I have been together for about a year and a half. I was previously on the pill, and had a pregnancy scare. I am not very good at remembering my pills so I decided to go to the doctor to look at different forms of birth control. I decided I liked how the Nuvaring sounded and am now on that. I told my boyfriend and he absolutely flipped. Said I was disgusting, gross, that I should feel dirty. Said that I betrayed him by not consulting him first in the matter. Said that Nuvaring is terrible for women and that I am stupid for switching. He wants me to switch back to the pill. I love him and am thinking about it, but so far its really working for me, I don't know what to do. If I don't change he told me he will no longer have sex with me and he will break up with me. I am in need of some advice.
    brilas Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2012, 08:07 AM
    Also, he said he was 'researching' about it and he found all these websites saying how terrible it is, however when I look it up there is the usual pros and cons, nothing that every other form of birth control already has. He also said that I need to wait a month between birth controls and that I am screwing with my hormones and he thinks he will get an allergic reaction from the nuvaring.. Is he overreacting?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Nov 30, 2012, 08:14 AM
    He sounds like a jerk. He has no right to tell you what you can use.

Do this... he threatened to not have sex with you anymore? Do it. I bet you can hold out longer than he can.

And to be honest, I really can't understand his distaste for this form of birth control. I can't figure out why it would bother him so much so I come to the conclusion that he is a jerk... and probably a controlling jerk as well.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2012, 10:02 AM
    You're boyfriend sounds like a nutjob. It's clear he doesn't support you.

Keep the Nuvaring and drop the boyfriend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Less periods on birthcontrol ? [ 3 Answers ]

What's the best birthcontrol for wanting less periods Because I have bad headaches the first few days of my period. So I heard about the pill you take for 3 months then have a period every 3rd month. But I don't want to do the shot or oval ring thing. I've been taking the pill I'm on now for 2...

Birthcontrol [ 3 Answers ]

Can you start birth control early?

Period--no birthcontrol. [ 3 Answers ]

So here's the thing... my depo shot ran out in feb. I was irrisponsible and had unprotected sex. Now last month I got my period twice... one really heavy, then the second only lasted a few days, really light... now I usually get my period at the beginning of the month... I haven't gotten it at all...

Birthcontrol not working right. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyway that can interacted brithcontrol? I'm just nervous about the kind I'm taking. And I don't want to become pregnant anytime soon. If I have unprotected sex and I'm taking birthcontrol could I still get pregnant? Is there anyway.

View more questions Search