Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clunkorr1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2012, 05:18 PM
    I think my girlfriend likes someone else
    K so I've been dating her for 8 months she lost her virginity to me and we both are in love. However, she takes dance classes and is always in settings around other guys. Like she'll just go to the class and puts makeup on amd does her hair and is always txting and won't ever tell me who she's texting.. what do I do I want to be with her but its these little things that make my skin crawl
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 28, 2012, 05:41 PM
    What is wrong with her putting on makeup? I would imagine she was doing that before she dated you and why does she have to tell you who she's texting? You either trust her or you don't
    LasVegasBabe Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2012, 12:51 PM
    I have 2 agree with Homegirl 50. Why does it matter if she puts on makeup to go somewhere? I'm a girl and even if I'm not going to go meet up with my boyfriend and go somewhere else, I always put on makeup. Anyway, If I were you I would go to a dance class with her and see. If she doesn't tell you who's she texting than screw that. Try talking to her about it, and see what she says. Tell her how you really feel, and I'm sure she will understand. All girlfriends have other friends that are guys, and it might seem like they "like them" but really there just having fun. It life. I'm sure she loves you to death.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2012, 12:58 PM
    "she lost her virginity to me" - trophy statement;
    "always in settings around other guys" - control statement
    "puts makeup on" - control statement
    "does her hair " - control statement
    "always texting" - control statement with spelling corrected
    "wont ever tell me who shes texting" - control statement

What do you do? She isn't your trophy so stop trying to control her. Keep controlling and smothering her, and watch how fast she runs away.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Dec 4, 2012, 09:17 PM
    She doesn't have to tell you who she's talking to. It's none of your business. You're her boyfriend, NOT her owner.

You've already made it clear you don't trust her and expect her to cheat, by repeatedly asking her who she's texting. ALL that will accomplish is her hiding things, even when there's absolutely nothing to hide, to keep you from jumping to conclusions.

Do you always tell her who you're calling/texting? I doubt it.

Do you avoid situations that involve girls? I doubt it.

Do you only use basic grooming (many girls DO see wearing makeup as just as important as brushing their hair) when you're going to see her? I hope not.

You are upset because she won't live by the unrealistic double standard you're trying to set. Guess what. About half the population of the planet is male, which means the ONLY way she'll avoid being in situations with boys is if she moves into a convent.

She WILL be around other guys. She WILL talk to them. She WILL joke and laugh with them. She may even consider some of them friends. If you can't trust her not to cheat on you, then you WILL drive her away.

Putting on makeup doesn't mean she's trying to impress a boy. It means she feels more comfortable and confident when she's wearing it. It means it's ls something she considers essential to her appearance. Contrary to sexist belief, girls do NOT base every action and choice on rather or nor not it will make boys like them.

Get over yourself. If you love her so much, stop treating her like a possession, and start treating her as a person. Stop trying to control her actions. Stop expecting her to cheat. Stop trying to invade her privacy.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 4, 2012, 10:41 PM
    I agree with hheath541 100%. You have control and insecurity issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend loves me but likes her boss and her boss likes her [ 6 Answers ]

I'm in the navy and I just went away only for two weeks on a course and half way though my girlfriend text me saying she doesn't know if she wants me anymore after 2 years and that she loves me but gets everything she needs apart from sex from her boss who also likes her and has been trying to...

I like this guy and he likes me but he has a girlfriend? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I met this guy and his name is Aaryn. At first I thought he was cute but I didn't go for him at all. Then I actually sat down and talked with him. I didn't say much but everything he said and I said were the same. After a while of talking to him we found it so hard to find something we didn't...

What do I do when my girlfriend loves me but likes one of her exs and he likes her to [ 11 Answers ]

Okay so me and my girlfriend have been going out since June 20,2010. Lately we have gotten into many fights... But since she told me that she likes one of her exs and her ex likes her too the fights have just been common more and more each day. We broke up for one day but the next day got together...

I think my girlfriend likes someone else [ 8 Answers ]

I think my girlfriend likes someone else. She is always texting and talking about him. We have previously broken up about this. But every time I talk to her about it she denies it. What do I do?

View more questions Search