Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vet6666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2012, 02:54 PM
    Corian countertop and sink overflow drain
    My home is under contract and they just completed a home inspection. The inspector filled up the corian sink to the level of the sink overflow drain hole and the solf drain pipe leaked at the connection to the main sink drain. I tried putting a clamp on the connection, however that did not work. Any ideas on preventing the leak? Do you think the silicone glue would work at the two connections for the drain pipe?

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
    Don Cox
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 28, 2012, 02:57 PM
    I've had some success with an ADHESIVE CAULK where I cleaned the parts and sink with isopropyl alcohol and then adhered the oveflow piece in place and put a wedge in behind that to hold the overflow while the adhesive set up. Try it out... should work if you are careful and accurate in applying the caulking!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gluing Corian sink overflow drain [ 26 Answers ]

What's the best kind of glue to use to reattach the overflow drain to the underside of a Corian bathroom sink? Gorilla glue didn't work.

Can you cut a hole for new sink in corian countertop? [ 3 Answers ]

The finish is gone in the corian sink countertop in my bathroom. Except for the sink the corian is in good shape. Can I cut out the sink and replace it? Or do I need to just remove the whole thing? The sink is stained, scratched and ugly, can't be cleaned by any amount of scrubbing.

How to replace cracked kitchen sink in corian countertop [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing a kitchen sink in a corian countertop. The sink doesn't appear to be corian but is installed from underneath and butts up to the corian almost seamlessly. Need to replace with stainless steel sink and wonder if this is advisable as a DIY effort, since there are no corian experts nearby...

Sink drain overflow into dishwasher drain hose. [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced my GE Triton Profile Performance dishwasher and installed a new Bosch SHE55M0 today. After completing the installation, I ran my sink faucet, and noticed that some water was passing back through the dishwasher drain hose back toward the direction of the dishwasher. The only reason that...

Vanity Staron (like Corian) Overflow drain lines [ 5 Answers ]

We are trying to install a new Staron double bowl lavatory vanity top. We have put in a Moen Asceri faucet with pop up drain. They have included a plastic adaptor for the drain to hook the overflow tube from the sink, and you put it between the sink underside and the tailpiece. It is white plastic...

View more questions Search