Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dduds79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Chilled water pipe
    I am very new to askmehelpdesk.com. My question is,

The building height is 300m. There are 6 chilled water risers going up to 125m height. The chilled water flow rate of each riser as follows.

Riser 1 & 2 - 150l/s
    Riser 3 & 4 - 180l/s
    Riser 5 & 6 - 100l/s

Chilled water is coming from District cooling plant. And feed to the Primary Heat exchanger. Then it feed to Level 31 (125m) via Chilled water pump through above riser.

Please confirm followings requirement
    Pressurization Unit requirement
    Dearator Requirement
    Expansion tank Requirement

Thanks
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 08:50 AM
    I'm confused, if this is homework then as a rule we don't give you the answer, if you want to start working on this and come back when you get stuck we could defiantely try and help.

If your actaully constructing and building and looking for the answer here, I am scared :)
    tsnhvac Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Apr 23, 2008, 11:09 AM
    You have mentioned the height of the tower is 300 m, whereas all your chw risers are serving up to 125 m, I can imagine it is with intermediate plant rooms and 125 m is the maximum height of one of the risers , if I am right then you can select the pressurization unit as follows,

density x acc due to gravity x height / 100000 = 1000x9.81x125 / 1000 = 12.25 bars this should be your cut in pressure and your cut off pressure shall be around 1 bar or even more based on the pressure increase imparted by your pump. However this much high pressure is not required if the pump and pressurization tank shall be located at the top of the riser i.e the water column will not act on it.
    trust it clarifies.
    ramrames2004 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 10:23 AM

Please list out for chilled water pipe fitting from Fcu's to Chiller

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closed loop Chilled water system - pressurisation units [ 18 Answers ]

Hi all , I am new to this site... Could you please some one help me out to locate the pressurization unit for a chilled water system application in 120m tower building. The heat exchangers/CHW pumps are located at 0.0 level... System volume is about 35-40 m3 and pump head is around 4 bar... ...

Chilled water pump for HVAC [ 15 Answers ]

Kindly let me know what pump I should use for a chilled water close loop system where required flow rate is 102 m3/hr and the max. hight of building is 100 ft.

Hot water pipe touching fire sprinker pipe [ 6 Answers ]

I discovered why the water pressure in my fire prinkler system kept rising. It's because the hot water pipe is right up against the sprinkler pipe causing it to heat which then increases the pressure. Now can I wrap the pipe with insulation. Would this be a good fix? If so, should I wrap the hot...

Water pipe knocking when hot water used [ 1 Answers ]

I just brought a house six months ago and this winter when I turn on the hot water and run it about 5-10 minutes. The pipe like knocking the dry wall or something. After about 5 minutes it will stop. Usually this occur after shower or large amount of hot water is used. I am wonder this will be...

View more questions Search