Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeanvanwyk001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Gas Volumes related to temperature and pressure.
    Hi, Im stuck on this question:

The volume of a certain mass of gas is 150dm^3. The kelvin temperature of the gas is doubled and the pressure is halved. What is the volume of the gas now?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 28, 2012, 09:30 AM
    Use the ideal gas law:

Rearrange to get V by itself:

Now if T is doubled and P is cut in half, what happens to V?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Saturated pressure and temperature equation [ 0 Answers ]

saturated pressure and temperature equation of different refrigerant and also work compression equation ln p = 14.861 - 2498.3/T R -12 example deta h =188*( 1 - (14.861 - ln(P2))/ (14.861 - ln(P1)))

Find pressure from temperature and moles [ 2 Answers ]

Can you find the Pressure (kPa) in a gas when you know the number of moles and the absolute temperature?

Temperature and Pressure relief valve [ 11 Answers ]

My hot water has been hotter than normal the past 2 days. I finally decided to go down and check what is going on. I found that there is a steady stream of water flowing out of the temperature and pressure relief valve. I have since flipped the breaker to turn off the water heater and shut off the...

Is Masturbation related to Blood pressure? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I am a male of 24 yrs . I have a problem that my Blood pressure is 170/110. I do masterbate all days and even twice or thrice a day! Is the masturbation really related to Blood pressure? Can it brng fluctuations in my BP leve?

Changes in pressure, temperature,volume, and moles [ 1 Answers ]

I have no idea how to solve this. The pressure and temperature of a gas sample are doubled. If n is held constant, what change occurs in the volume? Now I know how to set it up and I have the answer I just don't know how that answer is what it is Answer:P2,V1 over n1 and T2 volume is held...

View more questions Search