Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riverdart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2012, 07:44 AM
    virginia mandatory withholding of taxes
    Does Virginia require the mandatory withholding of taxes from 401K distributions
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 28, 2012, 08:38 AM
    No, probably not, but it is NOT a bad idea.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 28, 2012, 11:03 AM
    If you are asking if VA requires that STATE taxes are withheld, I don't believe any state does. It is up to the 401(k) holder to put aside enough to cover taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Virginia have a mandatory lunch break law? [ 3 Answers ]

After having asked for a copy of my time cards I found out my employer has been writing in lunch breaks on my cards that I didn't take. What can I do

Withholding of taxes [ 4 Answers ]

IF I am working in NY and residing in NJ for which state my employer has to with hold the taxes.

J-1 taxes withholding [ 4 Answers ]

Dear all, I am Spanish citizen working here in the US. I have a J-1 visa and according to the US-Spain treaty I am considered as a non-resident alien for taxes purposes. Every year I file the 1040nr-ez plus the 8843 and 8833 and sometime later (~1 month) I got my taxes back. Until here...

Withholding Taxes [ 2 Answers ]

The business is registered in NY and an employee lives in Arizona. Do I withhold AZ or NY taxes? Do I withhold both state taxes? No state taxes?

Pay not withholding taxes [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is starting a job that they are not going to pay any taxes. How do I know how much to save to pay taxes in January?

View more questions Search