Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Military or college
    So my whole life up to now (im a senior) I've had college pushed down my throat, I do want to go and I'm waiting for accecptence letters as we speak. But Latly a lot of my male friends have been going off to iraq. The more I think about it the more I want to go, Maybe not marines maybe airforce or maybe the navy. Im not as fit as I can be but I do work out a few times a week... I guess what I'm asking is college 1st or maybe military. Also I'm going to go into early childhood education. By the way I would love to hear from anyone in the military about this topic! THANKS!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 08:27 AM
    How about hearing from a HR Assistant Supt from education? The military may help pay for your education which may play well for you. On the other hand, there is a big shortage of Sped teachers and getting into it now could jump start a great career in education.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 12:21 PM
    I would say that the ROTC in college gives you part of the military and also helps you though college
    nikki66rqs Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

Mar 22, 2007, 08:02 PM
    I did AF for seven years as enlisted and now I am out. I liked it and now miss it. My husband is still in. Let's see... Iraq has been going on it's 4th year now and my husband hasn't been yet. I've been to OEF (Op. Enduring Freedom). I only went for 2 months since that was the rotation at the time. Anyway, if you are just looking at a once in awhile thing -- I would look at doing AF Guard or Reserve... you can just go to a community college without going full time in both college or service. But go because you WANT to -- not because you have to. It won't be worth-while. I believe that anyone that is willing and able to go SHOULD go... duty to country. You get so much experience out of it!
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Apr 2, 2007, 04:04 PM
    If you get a college degree and then join you can go in as an officer. You can also do an ROTC program in college. I suggest not just enlisting right away. If you have the opportunity to go to college go! You will make it ten times further if you enlist after college.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military Service [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm new to this board and thought I would just ask your advice if that's OK? I'm currently 20 years old and I have had enough with civilian life, I need something more and have decided to join the British Royal Marines as a standard commando, I've thought a lot about it and I don't care...

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

Military wedding [ 9 Answers ]

I'm not engaged yet, I'm getting the ring on his next leave ( one month).. but however he wants to get married with in like 3-4 months, where as I wanted to get married in about 9-12.. how ever that is changing.. I'd marry him tomorrow if I could. I want a simple wedding, I don't need anything...

Countries without a military? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me how many,and which countries do NOT have a standing army? Or where I can find that information? Thanks!

View more questions Search