Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShanLouxox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2012, 03:37 PM
    Foster care?
    Hi ,my names Shannon, I'm 15 years of age. I used to be a really happy , bubbly person. This time last year my mother abandonded me. She changed her name & moved. Me and my mother were best friends , I loved her.Since she's done extremely terrible things. Moved so so so far away. She done this after telling me that the man that had custody wasn't my real father. Since this has been proven true since. I real father , I've known him all my life, wants nothing to do with my. He doesn't want his wife or daughter to know. I told me to disappear. I held my chin up and stayed with the man that brought me up. However recently we've been arguing. He would take out the smallest things on my , & physical hurt me and scream threats. So I left. I have been staying with my sister for a week now , but she has her own family & work to keep up with. She doesn't want me. This physically hurts inside. I just don't want to live anymore. My grades are dropping , I can't sleep, I'm just generally down. I can't cope. I have no one. I thought about maybe going into care? I've been before, short term, when my mother was ill. What do I do?
    AnonJelly Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2012, 10:23 AM
    It's a far-fetched idea, but considering your misery, I would opt for emancipation. What are the laws in your state for minors being emancipated? Mind you, if you are granted independence from your legal guardians (who have already abandoned you) it would still be necessary that you live with a trusted adult or friend. Someone nonviolent, someone in a stable environment, someone who can help raise you and be your friend and supporter along the way.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 28, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonJelly View Post
    It's a far-fetched idea, but considering your misery, I would opt for emancipation. What are the laws in your state for minors being emancipated? Mind you, if you are granted independence from your legal guardians (who have already abandoned you) it would still be necessary that you live with a trusted adult or friend. Someone nonviolent, someone in a stable environment, someone who can help raise you and be your friend and supporter along the way.
    Emancipation means she has to be able to care for herself completely -- have her own place to live, have a good job, probably have a car, and generally be able to support herself without any help.
    AnonJelly Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2012, 10:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Emancipation means she has to be able to care for herself completely -- have her own place to live, have a good job, probably have a car, and generally be able to support herself without any help.
    I was emancipated at 16, and I know it entails complete independence. In my state, however, having roommates and adult support wasn't seen as a violation of the emancipation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to go into foster care. [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a 13 year old girl and I feel that I want to go into care. I have many reasons for this: I have been bullied at every single school I've been in and I'm fed up of where I live. I'm always arguing with my mum and step-dad and sometimes it ends up in my step-dad walking out for the night. I also...

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

Foster care [ 1 Answers ]

If my rights where taken from one of my other kids , can they take my right from my other child that I had that they took a 18 moths old??

View more questions Search