Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TDelphi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Compressor Thermal Power
    Hi, Is there any method to know the thermal output of a compressor if I know the type of refrigerant and amount that is used? I only know the voltage and running current and amount and type of refrigerant.

Thank you all.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 03:10 PM
    ? Of the compressor or the whole system? What exactly do you want to know? It can get very complicated, that's why design engineers have engineering degrees. Coils, surface areas, airflow over coils, temperatures, dry and wet bulb, all factor in.
    TDelphi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat
    ?? of the compressor or the whole system? What exactly do you want to know? It can get very complicated, thats why design engineers have engineering degrees. Coils, surface areas, airflow over coils, temperatures, dry and wet bulb, all factor in.
    Well, first I appreciate your help so much. Here is the situation and the information in hand.
    There is a robotic welding machine which is controlled by an electrical control panel. This panel consumes too much power and the heat dissipated from it is huge amount. The electrical panel manufacturer added a built-in air conditioning to it to cool it down because when it reaches high temperature it disconnects because the thermal overload. This built-in air condition is out of order (the compressor) and the manufacturing company is closed and the model is obsolete. I want to to replace this compressor with new one, but all what I know about the old compressor is the voltage, ampere, type of refrigerant and the amount it takes of it. No more data is available. Is there any way to know how much cooling capacity this old system was providing to be able to supply new spot cooling mechanism to the electrical panel? Note that no manuals are available on hand or over the internet.

Thank you very much,

Gasser
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2007, 01:23 PM
    There should be a plate welded to the top of the compressor, it will have the manufacturer and model, you can cross reference that to, lets say, a Bristol or Copland compressor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

About thermal energy [ 3 Answers ]

So here a friend of mine is doing a project and she needs help Thermal energy is an important source of heat in today's world given the price of oil and gas. Research how thermal energy can heat your house or place of work? Where does this energy come from? How does the heating system work?...

Thermal Fuse [ 3 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool le2500xtw1 dryer, I bought used.it worked fine for about a month, then one day it would run but not heat. First thing I did was get a new element. But the problem was the thermal fuse was blown. The replacement package had a new thermostat as well as the fuse. After a few days of...

Which thermal compound do I use? [ 1 Answers ]

29 November 2005. 0208 Hrs. U.S. Central time. FM: OilMan6 SUBJECT: Which thermal compound do I use? I just bought an ABIT motherboard, an Intel P4 CPU, And a thermaltake heatsink.

View more questions Search