Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cshaa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2012, 10:29 AM
    Violent father.
    My dad is a very violent man. He's 55, spends his salary lavishly on himself, spares little for family. Doesn't own a house in 25 year marriage. Not respected by neighbor or relatives.

Currently he fights daily with his stingy mother over wealth share. Uses wife's name for covering up his intention of packing off his mother or his own time-waste activities. He has no job but gets monthly salary from govt. NO job seems to be cause of his madness, not in a position to engage himself in proper activity.

More madness, more greed, more self-centeredness. We are praying for his normalcy and less aggressive nature. Can't take him to a psychologist but suspect passive-aggressive mindset.

Somebody got to take authority of him and be kept under some fear or discipline.
    Please help my mother. Breaking up may not be solution its only social embarrassment.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 10:43 AM
    And your mother isn't socially embarrassed by him now?
    cshaa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2012, 10:50 AM
    Yes but Do not say leave hi house and things will set right.
    He may emotionally blackmail n embarrass my mom.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 11:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cshaa View Post
    yes but Do not say leave hi house and things will set right.
    He may emotionally blackmail n embarrass my mom.
    There have been 25 years to set things right. Yes, she is afraid of him, emotionally and even physically, isn't she.

What country/culture is this?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 12:43 PM
    It is better to build a life away from this person and maybe be embarrassed than be subject to his abuses and agenda, and more unhappiness.

Your mom has a decision to make since 25 years have not gotten the results she wants. Nor will she if it continues that his actions and behavior have had no other consequences other than her unhappiness.

Why would he change if he gets away with his abusive selfish behavior? He obviously doesn't care what your mother or anyone else thinks of him, so leaving could be no more embarrassing than staying. It may bring her peace, or change she needs to be happy.

She may need a lot of help to stand against him, more than just you, to even to make a decision on a better course of action than just enduring his abuse. I understand its not an easy thing to do. Find her some help, either family (hers), government, or some advocate that has her best interest at heart.

It's a big task, don't be discouraged when it seems to be overwhelming. I also strongly suggest that YOU divorce yourself from people who don't want help, be it your father, or mother, because indeed you cannot help those who don't want it, and should seek to make yourself healthy, because if you are not, you cannot help anyone, not even YOURSELF.

Never know, you may have to be strong and independent to help your mom if she did want to leave your dad.

Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violent temper [ 14 Answers ]

Last night my (6 foot tall) 14-year-old son was angry with me and he squeezed my arm with all of his might. After he did that, he made a motion that showed me that he wanted to choke me - moving his hands violently near my neck, as if he were ready to do it. He clearly was thinking about choking...

Violent partner [ 1 Answers ]

My ex has been with his girlfriend for the past 18 months and it hasn't been easy for him she been chatting to someone else who he found out about, she said she'l stop chatting to him but hasn't. She has another phone which she has hidden. And says that she doesn't anymore. For the past month he...

Violent child [ 5 Answers ]

Just found this on my bookmarks.. So here is an update. Our 9 will be 10 feb 2.. Has done so many more things... He is now punching me! Kicking me! Slapping me! Just to tell him to do homework or clean up his room, he freaks out and wants to hit me. He kicks and punches the walls when I...

Violent two year old [ 4 Answers ]

My question is , I have a two year old daughter and she has been very violent lately and thinks its funny, I lay down the law as much as I can with out being a complete of a bad dad you know. I don't hit but I do tend to yell a lot. But nothing has worked. I mean the other day she hit me in the...

I've been really violent latley [ 8 Answers ]

I quit smoking like a month ago, it was pot, and cigaretts. I know I shouldn't be doing eighther, because I'm onlt 15, heh heh, but yeah, I quit. But latley I've been really on edge, I'm lashing out at my teachers, my friends, my family, I've been getting in fights, and I'm really hoping its not...

View more questions Search