Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JacintaBlue2004 Posts: 23, Reputation: -1

Mar 14, 2007, 07:15 AM
    I Want To Have A Baby
    Hi, Im 20 yrs old and my fiancé and I desperatley want to have a baby. I was pregnant about 5 months. Ago but I let my mother pressure me into abortion. I have very irregular periods. My last period was Mar. 1 but it only lasted about 4 days (usually my periods are about 7) When is the right time to conceive? What are some helpful techniques?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Sorry but there is no such thing as letting somebody pressure you into doing something you do not want to do. You had an abortion, what makes you think it will be any different now when you get pregnant. I think you should stop being so desperate and wait for a few years when you're more mature.

Joe
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 07:34 AM
    I disagree with Joe; you can very much be pressured into doing something that you don't want to do, especially in regards to a pregnancy. If that weren't so, then why are there so many birthparents that are coerced into adoption?

That aside--I think you might be looking to have a child for the wrong reasons. I highly suggest going to see a counselor for help dealing with your abortion (ESPECIALLY if what you say is true and you were pressured into it) and then talk to a family planner about what it will take to have a child and care for one properly. They would be able to explain your fertile days and techniques for trying for pregnancy, though I don't think you are quite ready for one yet.

I honestly think that you're feeling sad and guilty about your abortion, and wish to replace that child with another---and that won't work.
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2007, 07:47 AM
    The thing is if it happened 5 months ago. If she got pregnant again. Won't her family do the same thing. What makes the next time any different.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Joe does make a good point with the family situation--if it has only been 5 months, what has changed that will make your family any more accepting of a baby now? And let's be clear here--at 20, you probably do not make enough BY YOURSELF to support a child. You will need help from your family.

No matter how much your boyfriend loves you--a baby changes everything. How is he going to feel when you're too tired to make dinner, too tired to go out, can't find a babysitter, you need a break from the baby, there's no WAY you're in the mood for sex, and you can't afford McDonald's, much less a doctor? Are you SURE he will stick by you?

I'm 32, married, and want a baby in our lives as well... but there's no way I would even begin to want to try it without family support!
    robertsqueen Posts: 376, Reputation: 43

Mar 14, 2007, 08:14 AM
    Being a parent is not something to go into lightly. Take it from me I was 21 when I was pregnant and I didn't expect motherhood to be this hard. You can't just one day decide that you don't want to take care of the baby. Or even take a break when you want to . When you have a child, your life is revolved around what that child needs and wants.
    BigCityDreams007 Posts: 80, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Having a baby isint all smiles and cute little clothes, its HARD work, and they don't stay baby's forever they grow up and want money rides and I don't think many young parents realize that. I just had a friend who's 16 have a baby she loves her but its hard hard hard work. You had the aborition and it sounds like your letting your mom take the blame, but you were 20 you're a big girl you made that decision. Don't rush again your only 20...
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 12:21 PM
    You are 20 years old, and shouldn't allow ANYONE to preasure you into doing anything, ESPECIALLY with the life of your child. This happened only 5 months ago, why will it be so different this time around?
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 14, 2007, 12:27 PM
    The right time to conceive is when you are mature enough to bring up a child and not let other people make decisions for you.

Mar 15, 2007, 10:39 AM
    I Know What It Means To Take Care Of A Baby... im Not A Lil Kid... me And My Fiancé Have Our Own Apt Living On Our On Doing Our Thing... and Peer Pressure Is A... I Know Why She Told Me Not To Have The Baby But I Should Have Listened To My Heart... im An Adult Who Is Able To Take Care Of My Responsibilities And My Man Knows How To Be Sensitive To When Im Tired Or Too Sick To Do Something... my Man Isn't Going Nowhere... dont Forget I Was Pregnant For Two Months And Sick Every Second Of Everyday And He Held Me Down So That's Not The Issue... my Fiancé And I Do Nothing But Grind... we Both Have To Jobs And He Also Has A Child From A Previous Relationship That He Takes Care So We Both Are Able... thanks For The Comments

Mar 15, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Also I Never Said My Road Would Be Easy... we Will Be Ok Because God Is Able
    AsherBlu85 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Mar 15, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JacintaBlue2004
    Hi, Im 20 yrs old and my fiance and I desperatley want to have a baby. I was pregnant about 5 mos. ago but I let my mother pressure me into abortion. I have very irregular periods. My last period was Mar. 1 but it only lasted about 4 days (usually my periods are about 7) When is the right time to conceive? What are some helpful techniques?
    I disagree with all this negativity. First lets look at it like this. NO ONE register to this site can say that in the past or present they never have been turned because someone else in their life was pressuring them to make another decision. Having a baby isn't something to take lightly but you want one I say do that . It's a blessing, something beautiful and wonderful. Thousands of people can't even have children. Just make sure you know ALL the pros and cons about your physical condition first. Also, Im trying figuring out when having a baby ever was considered easy. When someone comes across someone who popped out a book of instructions after the child came, then write about that. Isn't it a given that things will be different ladies and gentlemen? Isn't that life?? Whatever, maybe I'm wrong,LOL. Anyway girl, if this is what you want to do and you're ready, nike that up and I'll babysit for you guys.

Love me
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 11:36 AM
    JacintaBlue2004 disagrees: You came at my neck real hard,

I did not came hard at your neck at all. I just spoke the truth about how no one can pressure anybody into doing something you do not want to do. Now 5 months you want to have a baby again. What do you think is going to happen again.

If you did not come here for the truth then what did you come here for. Desperate for a baby so soon after an abortion is not right, especially when your parents are going to pressure you again. You can not handle pressure. Grow up for a while first so your future possible children will have a better life.

Joe

Mar 15, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Ok Thanks For The Comments... as I Said Earlier... however I Will Do What I Feel Is Best For Me...
    tishee_76 Posts: 64, Reputation: 4

Mar 15, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Hi jacintablue2004

Now that the judging is over..
    After a termination it really screws around with your body's regularity..
    As it does mentally for somepeople as well.. I've known a woman's body to continue playing out the full nine months, like denial or something I guess.. It acted out a full blown phantam pregnancy..! Amazing!

I'm no health expert but I do no there are a lot of internet sites that offer a whole lotta professional tips..

I wish you all the luck of the irish..
    And all the happiness of motherhood..
    Don't ever regret any decision you make in this life time, there's too many obsticles in front of you to be constantly looking back..

Go get them girl.. the only way to mature is to grow with experience!

Mar 15, 2007, 01:09 PM
    A question for jesushelper76

Are you in fact upset that she terminated and respected her mothers wishes?

Or

Are you saying she's immature because she didn't tell her mother to stick her opinion where it fits?

I kind of missed your point. Kind of like you missed the question.
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 02:52 PM
    I am saying that the first time she was pregnant she should have told her mother to stick her opinion where it fits. She should have done that. I thought that is what I made loud and clear but then I get fitted and labelled as being judgemental?

Joe

Mar 15, 2007, 03:33 PM
    I thought she was simply asking a question..
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2007, 03:47 PM
    She was the one that mentioned how she was pressured by her mother to have an abortion just five months ago. Now she is in a rush to get pregnant again. What will happen this time? THat is my question. She is the one that decided to add all that info which helps even more, because if she was not mature enough to handle the pressure from her parents she won't be now. Five months is too too fast. I want the best for her and her future babies.

For her to actually grow and learn from the experience first and not jump into anything right away because it will not be good for anybody involved.

Joe

Mar 15, 2007, 04:10 PM
    I suspect she added the extra information to aid people in their advice for further fertility advice..
    I'm pretty sure she didn't want more pressure..
    I know how I felt after the fact and even heartless people have a conscience and struggle with the feeling of disgrace..

Just couldn't see any positives that's all..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Baby was taken [ 16 Answers ]

On may 23 of this year my daughter, then was eight months old, was taken from me because someone called DCF on my husband and me. My daughter had a bruise on the butt and they took her. They tried to blame it on my husband, he was arrested and then the charges of child abuse were dropped. Now we...

I want a baby [ 6 Answers ]

I'm nearly 18 years old and have been dating my boyfriend aged 22 for 2 years and we have been trying for a baby 4 up 2 8months and I still haven't became pregnant can you tell me what other option there is to get pregnant?? :confused:

Want a baby [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I have been off the pill for eight months. We have not had any luck,so if anyone has any ideas that could help us to get pregnant Please help I even tried douching after sex because I heard it would push the sperm farther up. Any idea would be...

Having a baby [ 11 Answers ]

My boy friend and I are talking adout having kids after we get married but he has had a vasectomy so we are looking in to all the options I would just like to hear if any one have been in this situation and if so what options they were given so if any one has any sugestions we could use you opions

View more questions Search