Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aasd1130 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2012, 12:40 AM
    Would someone be fired for not locking the front door of their store?
    My friend failed to lock the front door when she left to go home, needless to say the manager had to go to the store at 2am and lock it. She was told HR was notified and will be given an answer on how to move forward this week. Does this mean she is getting fired? She is also new and in her 90 day probationary period
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 12:45 AM
    AbSOLUTELY! This is a perfect reason to fire a person. If this isn't one of the best reasons to get fired, I don't know what is.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 27, 2012, 12:53 AM
    Admittedly WHY on earth was a newbie probationer left with THAT amount of responsibility!!

This is why there is a probation period in a new job..
    aasd1130 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2012, 01:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Admittedly WHY on earth was a newbie probationer left with THAT amount of responsibility !!!

This is why there is a probation period in a new job..
    It's a retail store and she was hired as a assistamtamager
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 02:09 AM
    Yes, I see no way she will not be fired. This is a serious mistake
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 27, 2012, 03:04 AM
    OH MY, I did that once. A small shop. Two employees, no manager, just the owner who didn't work on the one evening a week we stayed open until 9.

I wasn't fired... but I think I was a valued employee...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2012, 03:06 AM
    Hello again,

I did it too. It was my own store, so I didn't get fired. But no, I wouldn't fire her. She'll NEVER do that again.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 27, 2012, 04:05 AM
    Is it enough to fire her? Maybe, depends on other factors, but it is a serious mistake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing front door handle 97 camry can't open door from inside [ 1 Answers ]

Installed new inner door handles on passenger front and driver rear but still can't open door from inside of vehicle

The touch switches in the door front of our french door refrigerator have stopped wor [ 1 Answers ]

The touch switches in gthe door of our Maytag french door refrigerator have stopped working, specifically, the ones that select water or ice will not change regardless how hard or long I press on them. Now, in order to get ice I have to open both french doors and pull out the ice tray far enough...

Where can I get a locking door knob cover? [ 3 Answers ]

My room mate keeps going in to my room and taking my stuff. I need some way to prevent this until the university can move me in 3 months. I asked the school if I could just replace my current door knob with a locking one but they said no. this I would need some sort of cover to go over the...

Garage Door Opener Kenmore 1/2 Hp locking up [ 1 Answers ]

When closing my garage door opener, it will start to close and then go back up. Sometimes as much as 3 times before getting it to close. Is this a sensor problem or what? Should I just replace the opener for $175 or is is less expensive to let the repair guy some at $65 a visit plus parts and...

View more questions Search