Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnibalVilla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 09:33 PM
    2001 honda accord
    I have a 2001 honda accord lx. When I start going in the car, from 1st to 2nd there is a knock/bumb. Then from 2nd to 3rd the knock/bumb decreases.the synchronized gear shifts go in well.I already changed the four motor mounts. But it still gives me the knocks/bumbs. I would be thankful if someone could please help me??
    bsands Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 09:46 PM
    Sounds like a problem with the trans. When's the last time you got a tune up?
    roscovilla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 10:10 PM
    About a year and a half
    roscovilla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 10:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by roscovilla View Post
    about a year and a half
    By the way this is the guy who asked the question
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2012, 06:44 AM
    1. Attach scan tool to the data link connector and check for any codes.
    2. Warm up engine and transmission, drain the transmission fluid, and refill with Mobil 1 Synthetic Multi-Vehicle ATF. Synthetic transmission fluids perform much better than conventional ATF, particularly in winter. Verify first that the Mobil 1 product meets the specs for your Accord. Transmission problems normally stem from not changing the transmission fluid regularly. This should dramatically improve upshifts and downshifts. Afterwards, disconnect the negative battery cable overnight, in order to force the PCM to relearn shift points.
    3. If the transmission is sludged up, drain the transmission fluid, and add AutoRX to conventional transmission fluid. Go through the cleaning and rinse phases with conventional ATF, then switch to synthetic ATF.
    bsands Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2012, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by roscovilla View Post
    by the way this is the guy who asked the question
    Ok, a tune up would definitely be a good idea and like Grease Monkey said, I'd do one of those tests at O'Reilly's or Autozone to see if they can diagnose the problem. I hope it's nothing too pricey bro!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 honda accord regulator [ 1 Answers ]

My passenger side window slides down and won't go up or down. The motor makes noise but the window does not move. Do I need a window regulator?

2001 honda accord troubleshooting [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2001 accord with 203K miles. I am experiencing a wheel hop while accelerating on the front right drive wheel. I have had no front end work done or new struts. Should I be leaning towards the control arm or strut?

2001 Honda Accord stalling [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I have a 2001 accord lx and my check engine lights on got diagnosic and said it was the ignition control module. The shop told me to replace the whole distributor. Can't I buy the module

View more questions Search