Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NataliaBrown98 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 01:47 PM
    Help me please!
    I just found out that my best friend has been cutting herself on her shoulders hands and belly, I really don't want her too its upsetting me how do I make her stop? I need a quick answer please.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Nov 26, 2012, 01:55 PM
    There is no quick answer. Your friend is obviously dealing with a problem... psychologically and I might even add spiritually. Your friend needs to talk to a professional... whether that be a doctor or a pastor.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 26, 2012, 01:59 PM
    You cannot make her stop, but can encourage her to get help for why she cuts which is an issue only an adult can help with.

How old is she and do her parents know that she cuts? Do you know why she cuts?

Nov 26, 2012, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    There is no quick answer. Your friend is obviously dealing with a problem...psychologically and I might even add spiritually. Your friend needs to talk to a professional...whether that be a doctor or a pastor.
    Thank you
    cute32 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 02:38 PM
    Do find out if she is hurting herself willingly or someone is doing so.. ask her the problem.. and make sure she trusts you enough to share the matter.

Nov 27, 2012, 01:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    You cannot make her stop, but can encourage her to get help for why she cuts which is an issue only an adult can help with.

How old is she and do her parents know that she cuts? Do you know why she cuts?
    She is 13, and her parents don't know she cuts and she didn't say y she cuts.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 01:14 AM
    You should discuss this with a school counselor or other trusted adult. Your friends needs help badly.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 01:15 AM
    Give her two days to tell her mom or a trusted adult. If she doesn't say something, you will then say something. This way you give her some control over the situation.
    Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 01:16 AM
    Give her two days to tell her mom or a trusted adult. If she doesn't say something, you will then say something. This way you give her some control over the situation.
    I agree to a point, but WG, as a counselor, you also know that ultimatums usually backfire.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 01:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I agree to a point, but WG, as a counselor, you also know that ultimatums usually backfire.
    Or offer to go with her to a school counselor. This isn't just "casual" cutting any longer. The girl needs to be impressed upon that her very life is in danger.
    Expert

Nov 27, 2012, 01:26 AM
    I agree more to offer to go with her. I could just see this ending up badly with the ultimatum. You know... "I'm not your friend anymore..." sort of thing with rumors being spread, etc.

Nov 27, 2012, 01:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cute32 View Post
    do find out if she is hurting herself willingly or someone is doing so..ask her the problem..and make sure she tnrusts you enough to share the matter.
    Ok thankyouu

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search