Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debbiea Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2012, 08:46 PM
    Dead inside
    Its like I have no feelings inside anymore. I fake any joy or any other normal reaction to anything. I eat too much and I have gained weight but I never seem to get full. What's wrong with me?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 09:13 PM
    It sounds like you are depressed, what is happening in your life ?

Nov 25, 2012, 09:22 PM
    [QUOTE=debbiea;3333442]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    It sounds like you are depressed, what is happening in your life ?
    I should be satisfied with my life, I have a job I hate by the way but I have one. I have someone that loves me in my life. My mom has passed and my sister also which devastated me both times. My dad and my brother still live and both love me. I have a daughter I love and she loves me. So what's wrong? I have no energy, no desire to even leave the house if it wasn't necessary. Can you help?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 10:04 PM
    I'm guessing you haven't completely and properly grieved the loss of your mom and sister. How about counseling?

Nov 25, 2012, 11:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't completely and properly grieved the loss of your mom and sister. How about counseling?
    Probably not. But I have no insurance and I have tried talking to friends and other family members but they don't seem to understand and I'm afraid if I lose control and really cry that I will go to a bad place in my head.Does that sound crazy? I havejust about given up on being really a happy anymore.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2012, 07:00 AM
    A few years ago I went through the same thing. My mom had Alzheimer's and my dad had a brain tumor. After years of being in every medical facility they passed away within 2 months of each other. I went from being happy go lucky to feeling the same dead inside that you feel.

Time certainly does help. So does keeping yourself active even if you have to force yourself to be active. One thing that helped me is I learned a new sport which was very cool. So take on something new. The last piece of advice is volunteer some of your time. For me it was volunteering at our local animal shelter. It doesn't matter what kind of day I've had, those dogs' tails are always wagging and put you in the best of moods. Good luck!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 26, 2012, 08:04 AM
    For low-cost or even free counseling or a grief support group, call your county's human resources department or call some area churches (you don't have to be a member). If that fails for some reason, call the reference department at your public library for contact names and phone numbers of agencies that have a sliding scale (e.g. Catholic Charities or Lutheran Social Services).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you feel dead inside? [ 8 Answers ]

I was just wondering if there are other people who feel dead inside? I feel that maybe there have just been too many disappointments and my heart has given up. I feel like I'm on anti-depressants but I'm not, but the feelings seemed to just have disappeared. All except the anger of course, but...

How do I get rid of a dead rodent inside a wall? [ 1 Answers ]

I'll bet you've never had this one before! A small rodent---mouse /mole/chipmonk---has fallen inside a wall in my house and has died. The smell is very characteristic and incredibly bad. This is the fourth in two years. They always end up in the same place. I know that flies will home in on...

The panel on my Calypso gas dryer went dead today but inside light works [ 0 Answers ]

The panel on my calypso gas dryer quit working this morning no lights but the iniside drum light works.

A dead rat is trapped inside my car engine or somewhere, how Long for smell to go? [ 2 Answers ]

It started about 3 weeks ago. It smelllllls so bad. I've learned to cope but we still have it. Seems to be coming out of the air system cause for example, if I turn on the airconditioner it comes even harder. Or just running the engine and driving, makes it worse than if cold and not on. ...

Need definitions for dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with the definitions of dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines for socioloy class . Please help

View more questions Search