Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leeannting Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2012, 09:49 AM
    Please help me, I am feeling disconnected and miserable
    I have been dating my boyfriend for 7 months and I live in Malaysia he lives in Sweden... but it's gotten to the point where we just don't talk like we used to. He doesn't say much at all most of the time. His messages and conversations just don say that he loves me or miss me anymore we are like drifting apart . I've tried to talk to him about it and he doesn't seem to understand at all? I know he's not great at communicating but I guess I just don't think I should feel lonely when I'm in a relationship. I have been in long term relationships many times before and I just feel this is taking the downhill fall to break up. He has never been in a long term relationship so I'm not sure if he realizes how important communication is, not matter how many times I've told him. It's breaking my heart feeling that he just is letting us fall apart. I don't know where to go from here, I've brought up this issue time and time again and I truly believe that if I continue to bring it up it's just pushing him farther away. I believe he is just getting stressed out for his plan has ruined he couldn't come to study and live here (Not until 7-8 months) , he once told me he don think this long distance will ever work out , one day he told me he want to try the other he says no he also say he don know what to do I am so confused , I am thinking of book my tickets to visit him at least try to get together for a bit as we have been apart for two long now . But he can't tell me when is the right time for me to visit because of his work schedule. I am so so sad I am really trying I want to make it work :( What do I do now ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 09:59 AM
    Have you ever met each other in real life?

Nov 25, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Yes we met during his travels then we also kept each other update all the time like set a time to go online together to see how's it going...
    I also flew to see him in Bangkok and we spend about 5 days together then he came to Malaysia to be with me for 7 days we had lots of fun and really happy being together ,he flew back after my Birthday but we never stop talking he also said he will work for 6 months then come to study here to can live with me now the plans just didn't go as good as we thought and he can't live here he got stressed out he even booked his tickets to come here 3 months ago.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 10:30 AM
    As you have found out, LDRs are so hard to maintain. How old are both of you?

Nov 25, 2012, 10:50 AM
    I am elder than him 3 years I am 25 he is 22 . I know is hard but is not like not posible at all ?As long as we could visit each other and we must both have a goal that we both can look forward to then should be all right that's what I thought though..
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 11:41 AM
    It doesn't sound like he's invested in the relationship anymore. And you are trying much too hard and overwhelming your emotions. You know you can't force this to continue, even with a visit.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 01:56 PM
    It may be time to give this up. He does not seem to be in it anymore.

Nov 25, 2012, 04:50 PM
    Yes it just make me feels that way now but last week not long ago he told me he found another university and emailed them , haven't got any answers yet from them. Nowadays not even a good night or a good morning message from him but the relationship status on FB is still there ,shall I give him a bit of time and talk to him to get a proper answer? Thanks.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 04:56 PM
    Yes, give him some space.

Nov 25, 2012, 05:02 PM
    Yes is what I can only do now I guess, but he don even reply to my good night message ? Also I just noticed that the email he show me about his university was on October 18 it was already 2 weeks ago.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 05:10 PM
    It may be time to just leave him alone.

Nov 25, 2012, 05:15 PM
    Yes OK then I guess I shall just let him alone now (hopefully!) he will pull his head out of this sadness and try to make it work. Thank you very much for the advice though .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling miserable in an arranged marriage [ 4 Answers ]

I have been married for over 5 years. It was an arranged marriage and throughout my existence in the past 5 years, there have been very few moments when I have felt truly happy. My wife has always lived in a nuclear family and seldom respects my parents. While I have always been a sensitive,...

Confused and feeling miserable. [ 4 Answers ]

I met my lover through a social network, and we have been in a relationship for almost two years. I live in Malaysia and he lives in India, so it is a long distance relationship. He has been cheated by girls in his previous relationships, and I had an ex who cheated on me as well. After about 6...

Help me. I'm feeling all miserable. [ 1 Answers ]

I feel like a loner now. I do have friends.. but sometimes, I do feel leftout.. at times, they won't really care about me. I feel like I don't exist in this world anymore. Help me:(

I'm the one who wants space but I'm feeling miserable [ 5 Answers ]

I've been in this relationship for four years now. I'm 22 and he's 25 and we had a great relationships so far we had ups and downs but they were mostly because of his family but somehow recently I started to feel I don't recognize myself anymore. I don't know what I want or like anymore. I've...

Feeling Disconnected [ 3 Answers ]

This question has been deleted

View more questions Search