Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wallabee4 Posts: 294, Reputation: 19

Nov 25, 2012, 09:43 AM
    Looking for big photo albums with place to write below the photos
    Doing an on-line and in-store search, the possibilities seem endless, so thought I'd appeal here to hopefully find someone with experience to make a quicker and wiser recommendation to narrow down the vast choices and my confusion.

I am organizing a TON of family photos. So first off, price is a concern, a need a large quantity of large capacity photo albums.

I think 'way back when' I'd heard a concern that some kinds of papers or plastics in albums actually can damage photos overtime, so need to know if that is still a concern and what exactly I need to watch out for, or have all albums nowadays corrected that concern? I don't want to pay more if it's just a marketing gimmick.

I (think I) am looking for the pocket kind so that pics slip into a pocket as opposed to the sticky sheets that lay over or a scrapbook idea where I'd need to affix the pics somehow. Or are there other options I don't know about that would work best? And so most photos will be the old standard sizes, but I will also have odd sizes, so appreciate the suggestions on best way to handle those.

And finally, I am looking for an album that has a write-on space below each photo slot so I can use that to ID the photo images.

Appreciate your help! And if I can move this to a better category too, I wasn't sure where to post it. Thanks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 09:48 AM
    Be sure each photo has ID and a date on the back of it. One of my friends has a kazillliion photos from her 60+ years of life. What she is doing is creating virtual albums and then sends them to her children. She uses her scanner and then uploads the scanned image into the virtual album. There is lots of room for text or notes. Here's that web site --

Photo Books, Holiday Cards, Photo Cards, Birth Announcements, Photo Printing | Shutterfly

Go to some photography stores or departments in stores to look at physical photo albums, or do an online search maybe using Amazon's site.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 11:05 AM
    You could mount them in 3 ring binders and make covers for them yourself. Also to hold the pictures in place without covering them you can use photo corners.

Photo Corner mounts

They are pretty cheap and I know 3 ring binders are inexpensive as well. Making the covers for them you can go any way you like. It will also give it that personal touch.
    wallabee4 Posts: 294, Reputation: 19

Nov 25, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    You could mount them in 3 ring binders and make covers for them yourself. Also to hold the pictures in place without covering them you can use photo corners.

Photo Corner mounts

They are pretty cheap and I know 3 ring binders are inexpensive as well. Making the covers for them you can go any way you like. It will also give it that personal touch.
    Hey, thanks. That's an option I didn't know about/hadn't considered. Might give that a try. But can you tell me what sort of paper I should I use? (I can see myself then spending way too much time trying to manage the detail of getting all pics aligned straight across a page... I'm a disaster as far as needing it idiot proof/easy or I'll put off ever doing it... ) And is it a problem that the actual photos aren't 'under wraps' with anything over the years?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 11:17 AM
    Have you tried your local scrapbooking store?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Facebook photo album add more photos not available [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Facebook photo album with more than 190 photos in it. Some other albums have less than 50 photos in it. But in the album having 190 photos I am not seeing the add more photos option after going into edit album. Same thing happens in web browser and Facebook application in iPhone and...

I'm 80. What do I to do with photo albums ? [ 5 Answers ]

I have 5-6 carefully organized family photo albums. They are simply "stored" on my sheves. What shuld I do with them before I "move on."

Can anyone identify the signature on the photo at http://www.flickr.com/photos/giggle [ 0 Answers ]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/giggles-fostoria/4806575727

View more questions Search