Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    threadx2003 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2012, 09:34 AM
    Evaporator coil location on a packaged outdoor heat pump unit
    Where exactly is the "evaporator" coil located on a packaged outdoor heat pump unit?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2012, 10:21 AM
    By packaged we will assume everything is outside and air is blown directly into the house. In that case, the evaporate coil is the last thing in the unit the air blows through before going into the ductwork. Is that what you have?

Nov 25, 2012, 11:48 AM
    Yes, that is the type of unit that I have.
    After the blower, there is a small box about 12" to 16" long and tall. I saw this box "which is boxed in with sheet metal" after removing the side panel of the unit. If this is where the evaporator coil is, it is much smaller than the condenser coil. Is this correct? It does look as if it is the last thing in the unit the air blows through before going into the ductwork.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 25, 2012, 11:50 AM
    Correct, the evap coil will normally be smaller than the condensing coil and will be in the location you have stated.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2012, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    correct, the evap coil will normally be smaller than the condensing coil and will be in the location you have stated.
    x2

Nov 25, 2012, 02:26 PM
    Thank you !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a honeywell pro th3110d right for heat pump and heat coil unit [ 2 Answers ]

Is a honeywell pro (th3110d) the correct thermostat for heat pump and heat coil unit

Heat pump voltage at outdoor unit [ 0 Answers ]

Emergency heat works, ac works but outdoor heat pump doesn't come on on a call for heat. I have 24 volts to red and white wires at the unit. I've checked the ambient switches and their good. Don't know for sure that the problem is the board but red and white voltage going in and contactor doesn't...

Heat pump outdoor unit location [ 1 Answers ]

I live in central Virginia and am replacing my oil furnace with a heat pump. Is the east or west side of the house better for location of the outdoor unit. I thought west side for heating but not for cooling. Just the opposite for cooling. Please help!!

New Outside Condsing Unit, Bad indoor Coil - Go with Heat Pump or Buy New Coil? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi All, Here is my issue. Recently, our home warranty company paid to replace a 25 year old 7 SEER Borg Warner outside unit, but swore up and down that the indoor Borg Warner Coil would be OK with the new 10 SEER Carrier. We no longer have this home warranty company and they are not standing...

View more questions Search