Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leradoms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2012, 10:33 PM
    Three Wire Thermostat to Two Wire Thermostat
    I am trying to replace my old analog thermostat with a digital one. The new digital thermostat has two wires, the old one had three, red, white, and green. I can't figure out how to connect them to the new thermostat to get it to work.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 10:49 PM
    I am trying to replace my old analog thermostat with a digital one. The new digital thermostat has two wires, the old one had three, red, white, and green. I can't figure out how to connect them to the new thermostat to get it to work.

If you want help you have to give us more information.

Gas,oil,or electric??

Model number of furnace?

Brand of furnace?

Do you have A/C?

3 wire thermostat to a 2 wire will require us to find out why the furnace requires 3 wires to start with since usually they have 4.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 wire heat thermostat and 2 wire air thermostat want to wire to a programmable [ 1 Answers ]

2 wire heat thermostat and 2 wire air thermostat want to wire both to a programmable thermostat, need wiring information

Hunter 44905 Thermostat ground wire connector- where do the wire go [ 0 Answers ]

Just bought hunter 44905 thermostat and the wires that goes to the old one include the ground wire.where do this wire go on my new hunter 44905 thermostat connector? Thanks

Replacing 4 wire White Rogers Thermostat with 5 Wire Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old White-Rogers thermostat with only 4 wires coming out of the wall and need to replace it but the only new ones I find (at Home Depot) have 5 wires. How do I hook up a 5 wire thermostat to 4 wires and still have it work properly? Big John

I'm replacing an old 2 wire thermostat with a Hunter (#44155C). Wire placement? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm not sure of the wire placement. I have a black and white wire attached to my old thermostat. The new thermostat has attachments labeled G, RC, Rh, Y/O, W/B, Y1. There is a jumper connecting RC and RH. Do I connect the black wire to RH and the white wire to W/B? Any help would be greatly...

How to wire 3 wire 2 zone cooling only to Honeywell thermostat [ 10 Answers ]

I currently have two zones for cooling only and the thermostat wires are red, blue and white. The red is labeled Rc which is easy, the white is labeled W Heat (this doesn't make sense to me) and the blue is labeled cool? What I think I need to do is connect the red to the Rc on the thermostat,...

View more questions Search