Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SUPERJOE9999 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2012, 03:21 PM
    Dating for 5 months
    Me and my girlfriend have been dating for 5 months and we are dating long distance. We started the relationship off strongly and we both fell in love. But lately I have noticed a change in her. She seems more distance and less excited when I come to visit. So after asking about it enough she started crying and told me that her feelings might be changing. We had a big talk and she said that she would work on it and she didn't want to break up. So we haven't broken up yet but I haven't been taking this news well. I feel crummy all the time and I can barley eat. I don't want to end our relationship but I'm afraid she's only staying with me so she doesn't hurt me. This all happened a few days ago and I know I should be patient and wait but I just feel helpless and don't know what to do. I need help
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 03:30 PM
    Long distant relationships are hard and yours has not been very long. How often do you see each other?
    Her feelings may have changed, it would be normal. She may not want to hurt you.

Nov 24, 2012, 05:46 PM
    I come home every 2 weeks, and she's had feelings for me for over a year and I was finally able to return them. Im wondering if she may just not want to hurt me too but I told her itd be best to break it off now then later if that was the case and she insisted we should try to fix things
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 06:04 PM
    But she is not trying to fix things. This is in your hands, take it out of hers. Break it off. No need of hanging around waiting for her to decide what she wants and it is selfish for her to expect you to.
    How old are the two of you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 06:11 PM
    Agree, sounds like there is no real communication, no talking about each others feelings.

But yes a long distance relationship is very hard to do, since at some point, one side or the other is going to want this to be a full time in person relationship.

So unless there are plans for that to happen in near future, normally they fail.

But have you told her how you feel about it.

Perhaps a break till she decides

Nov 24, 2012, 06:18 PM
    I am 20 and she is 19. Im afraid to take a break because it could just be a bump in the road that could blow over. And yes I have told her how I feel about it, I've told her I'm scared of what might happen or that she might want to break up and she responded with "dont worry we wont, ill try my best to get our relationship back on track"
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 06:21 PM
    Then you need to decide if you want to stay in the state you're in, or stay in limbo.

Nov 24, 2012, 06:24 PM
    Thanks for your help, ill probably give it some time before I make any big decisions unless something else happens.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 07:27 PM
    I meant to say you need to decide if you want to stay in the state you're in or take control of the situation. It's up to you .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating for 3 months [ 6 Answers ]

So I've been datin my boy friend for three months now and I really care about him but he's a sex addict. He's never came out and said it but its pretty obvious. Wen we first got together I told him I was a virgin, he said that's not a problem and wouldn't pressure me. On top of that I was sexually...

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for about 1 year 2 months. [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for about 1 year 2 months and in the very beginning she broke up with me to date her ex. She realized she didn't like him, and she loved me I've been concerned about her leaving ever since. Please answer, I don't want bad answers because I love her, but...

After 8 months of dating he wants to be friends [ 11 Answers ]

In the beginning he was telling me he loved me, wanted someone of his own, he chased me. I told him I just wanted to be friends because I don't want to get hurt again. He told me he was different than other guys I will see. 8 months later when I start to show my feelings for him he says it seems...

Been dating a girl for 6 months still scared [ 8 Answers ]

So I've been dating this girl for 6months now... we've been through a lot together had our share of fights... but she still doesn't want to be exclusive... she's been seeing someone else recently she's honest about it but it bothers me a lot and she knows that. I've told her that I loved her and I...

Dating 6 months [ 32 Answers ]

I have been dating a guy for 6 months. He says he loves me but I found out that he is cheating on me... He has a drinking problem. Please tell me how to let go and walk away. I love him and that isn't easy to do. Not only that but about 2 weeks ago he got mad and broke my windshield. Like a fool I...

View more questions Search