Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sac171147 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2012, 07:33 AM
    Can I sue someone for having an affair with my wife
    My best friend had an affair with my wife, he fathered a daughter who I regarded as my own daughter. 6 years later my now ex wife went of with someone she met thro work and I lost contact with my so called daughter. I would like to get even with my ex best friend and sue him for the cost of bringing his daughter up for 6 years and for the humiliation and pain he caused me. Is this possible?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 24, 2012, 07:38 AM
    The mother can petition for child support.

As for you suing him, I doubt if you can find a lawyer to pursue it or a court that will entertain it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 24, 2012, 07:39 AM
    No, you can't sue for support because you are the father of record. Suing for humiliation is a losing cause because it's too hard to prove what he knew about and what the pain would be worth.
    Do you have DNA proof that he is her father?
    Try to curb your pain for the sake of your daughter.
    Feel free to be mad at both your ex and your best friend, but not in a way that will hurt her later on.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 24, 2012, 08:02 AM
    No you can not, There is little actual loss, being wrong on who the father is, happens somewhat commonly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When will I get over my wife's affair? [ 15 Answers ]

In Brief: I have been married 7 yrs. My wife and I are late 30's. I thought things were good in the relationship with my wife. My wife had enough of my controlling and "take over" way that I handled the relationship. So, she started going out with some single friends in Feb 2007. First weeknights.....

My wife had an affair [ 6 Answers ]

I just found out my wife had an affair,my wife suffers with depression and recently came clean that she slept with another man,she says it happened some months back,she has been seeing a counsoller for depression over the last six months and says she has been severely depressed over what happened,I...

Wife's Affair? [ 6 Answers ]

My wife and I have married for 23 years. She is 46, slim and attractive. She's always possessed high moral standards and is a regular churchgoer. Several months ago several things occurred that kind of through me off and affected my trust in her. They are the result of her always having close...

Wife's having an Affair [ 14 Answers ]

My wife cam to me a few weeks ago and told me she had been having an affair for the past 8 months. We have been married now for 11 years and have had our ups and downs but this took me completely by surprise. She told me she had stopped seeing this guy a few days before she tole me. She said the...

View more questions Search