Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hugomax Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2012, 03:21 AM
    How to format hard drive xp home addition
    Hi, l have lookup key not found problems and have tried all recommended ways to rid this problem. So, could some one please xplain how to format the hard drive, l have saved my files!

Many thanks

Hugomax
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 24, 2012, 04:44 AM
    What have you tried as this is normally a simple case of boot to the recovery disc and go from there.
    Mister Fox Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2012, 06:39 PM
    Try this article:

How To Format a Hard Drive in Windows XP

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Format hard drive [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried all options I could find for formatting the hard drive in my Dell Inspiron 8600 but nothing works. I tried format c: from the command prompt but I get a message saying that "the volume is in use by another process" but when I tried the option to "force dismount on drive" it says volume...

How to format a hard drive on a dell desktop with XP home edition and no floppy drive [ 18 Answers ]

How do I format a hard drive on a Dell Dimension 8110 with Windows XP home edition 2007 without a floppy drive? I tried to follow answers to some similar qustions posted previously on this site but when I do I get messages like "what's the disk volume label" from the command prompt window after...

How to format hard drive [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Gateway desktop. How do I re-format hard drive? I get message saying it is being used by another application when I know it isn't.

How to format Hard drive? [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday I was rebooting my PC, I entered DOS Prompt and format my other partitions except C:, which was when formatted answer was that it is used by other programs. If somebody help me out?

Need abc help to format hard drive [ 15 Answers ]

My PC will not start windows. I have had my PC checked and the verdict is format the hard drive. My ops is windows xp Any advice to get me started would be appreciated

View more questions Search