Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ak1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2012, 10:08 PM
    Honeywell RTH2300 thermostat continue heating
    Replaced an old Honeywell round thermostat (mercury type) with RTH2300. There were only 2 wires (no color coding) coming out of the wall, so I called Honeywell to find out how to connect them. They told me to connect the wires to R and W, so I connected like that. I set the daytime temperature to 18 degrees. The heater started running, and the room themperature went above 20 degrees, but the thermostat didn't turn off the heater. What is the cause of this non-stop heating? Should I remove the jumper between R and Rc? Honeywell said I didn't have to remove it.

Check out some similar questions!

My new Honeywell RTH2300 Thermostat is not working [ 2 Answers ]

Today I purchased a Honeywell RTH2300 Thermostat. Pretty simple I thought! Hooked up the Red Wire to the R terminal, White to the W terminal, Green Wire to the G terminal and the last color I had was a light blue wire, did not have a light blue terminal, but there was a O/B which I believe the O...

I just installed Honeywell RTH2300 thermostat and it is not functioning. Help! [ 0 Answers ]

I have an all electric unit with a hot water traditional tank. The wires coming from the wall connected to the old thermostat as follows: Red to R Blue to C Yellow to YY2 Green to G White to W The Honeywell customer care rep told me not to use the blue wire. He instructed me to connect...

How do I add more cycles to my honeywell rth2300 thermostat? [ 0 Answers ]

I just put in a honeywell rth 2300 and while preparing for a party the set up manual was discarded. I know that I can add more cycles to this unit but don't know how to do that.

Problem with Honeywell RTH2300 thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I installed a new HOneywell thermostat in my house, heat only (2 wires: R & W). The thermostat is kicking the furnace/fan on for 10 second intervals, with 10 seconds in between, over the course of half an hour (usually when transitioning from cold to warm modes. i.g. leave to return). ...

Installing new Honeywell rth2300 thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced an old digital thermostat with a new programmable honeywell. The wires coming out of the wall are as follows: Red White Blue Green In the old thermostat they were connected as follows: Red:Rh (jumpered to RC) White:W Blue:Y

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.